Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L(E)vis selvage denim jacket for kids

Doug C

Practically Family
I'm not sure the history of this jacket, possibly original? I'm not sure (if someone can educate me, great). For Sale is this very nice type II (I think) child's jean jacket by Levis. It features selvage denim (see interior picture), a double sided red tab with capital E, a two horse leather interior patch, the accordian folds down the front that are common on early denim jackets, silver buttons (like 501s), copper rivets, 2 front chest pockets. Measurements are (pit to pit) chest=14.5to15", Shoulder width=12", sleeves=13.5", front(windflap area)13.25",back=14.75". As you can see from the pictures it's in great shape though there are some areas that are frayed a little, I assume if it's a remake then it was part of the design. There is a white tag that reads "Made in USA 100% cotton" . The size on the label is 4 but fits my 6 year old in the pictures. Asking $45 which includes shipping (in the states, contact me for shipping quote elsewhere).

Doug C

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Interesting jacket. I've heard of these but never seen one. It's like a 1955 70502 adjusted for a child size. What is interesting is that it bears the earlier type leather label rather than the paper-based 'leather like' label introduced in '55. The 'orange and lemon' stitching is the same as an adult '55 but the buttons are different from those I usually see on 55s (they have one star rather than two) - I assume they are the smaller trouser buttons.

Do us a favour - look under the pocket flaps. Is the denim a lighter (shirt) weight?

I like it a lot, by the way.

Doug C

Practically Family
The leather tag vs paper tag observation is an interesting one, and honestly is one I hadn't thought of. I always thought the gold and lemon thread was unique though, both were used to chainstitch the wasteband. The material under the pocket flaps is not thinner that the front layer. The copper buttons say "LS&co. SF" front and back. There are no numbers on the back of any buttons, like on the early repros..so I don't know. There is a small cleaning instruction tag, it's kind of a white canvas material and another little small tag with several little number codes, but none that make any since or suggest an obvious date to me. I guess I may have to try putting it on ebay and see what happens.

Doug C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner