Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA food whore?

blm14

A-List Customer
image_0c8a1ab1-01f0-43ed-a9a2-f185280c8617_1080x.jpg
ezgif-3-a5b85c6b33.jpg
ezgif-3-0e9129d322(2).jpg

image_0c8a1ab1-01f0-43ed-a9a2-f185280c8617_1080x.jpg
ezgif-3-a5b85c6b33.jpg
ezgif-3-0e9129d322(2).jpg
Just randomly came across this guy Javier in LA. His stuff seems really nice and built to order. Anyone have any experience with these folks?

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 569182 View attachment 569183 View attachment 569184

View attachment 569182 View attachment 569183 View attachment 569184 Just randomly came across this guy Javier in LA. His stuff seems really nice and built to order. Anyone have any experience with these folks?

[/URL][/URL]
Never heard of them before, but I love the wild reinterpretations of classic styles. They seem to have injected a mixture of SoCal chicano and blaxploitation. I'd expect to see them worn in a reboot of Breaking Bad or a Tarantino film set in modern L.A. Fun stuff for sure. Pricey and I can't gauge the quality but it's interesting even if most of it wouldn't work on me.

Last edited:

blm14

A-List Customer
yeah some of it is a little flashy but it also seems like all their stuff is hand-made one-offs. One of my favorite brands is this Italian company Etro because they combine a very classic feel with some really wild details. Like a conservative blue suit whose lining is pink paisley that you can only see when you take it off. This stuff reminds me of that :)

One Drop

One of the Regulars
yeah some of it is a little flashy but it also seems like all their stuff is hand-made one-offs. One of my favorite brands is this Italian company Etro because they combine a very classic feel with some really wild details. Like a conservative blue suit whose lining is pink paisley that you can only see when you take it off. This stuff reminds me of that :)
I use to wear Etro shirts when they my work required wearing least semi-formal button up shirts, by coincidence a friend was actually a textile designer for the company, which must have been a sweet job as they had such a creative remit. I still have a few in the closet, thanks for the reminder to pull them out and see if they haven't dated overmuch. I've been to a few of their flagship boutiques, in London and I think Milan IIRC, they were drop dead gorgeous shops staffed with impossibly beautiful women.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred