Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies and Gents from the Lone Star State

DoolittleRaider

Familiar Face
I'm thinking we might wait until it cools off a bit. September or something. I don't know, everyone else chime in on when or even if.

Doolittle, drop me a PM next time you're in the area.

ok justin, that sounds like it would be the sane thing to do, no point in sweating ourselves out and itll be weather fitting to wear wool.

i will indeed drop a PM next time im in plano, still waiting for that beer :)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I won't be back down to Tx until probably November.
My inlaws live outside College Station.
I love it down there, a different way of life from the town I'm in.
Now, if I could get my MIL to come up here, when I go down there, I'd be set. :D

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Howdy ya'll! (cliche, i know) ;) Fort Worth, born n' bred.

I'd be up for a dinner...Guess i better teach myself how to dress vintage... :D

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I'm in Fort Worth. Born in Florida and have lived in various parts of north Texas for the last 25 years or so. Would love to get together with other loungers! Agree on waiting until it is cooler, however. We usually host a party at our home in mid-October before the Fort Worth hangar dance. Just sayin...

Regarding restaurants, we just had dinner at Capital Grille in Dallas last weekend - quite delicious!! It is also very close to the Havana Social Club cigar & rum bar... :D

There's also a great 1940s-themed hotel in Fredericksburg that hosts hangar dances several times a year. Might be fun to coordinate something along those lines.

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
Hello again Mae, and to you too fortworthgal, stormy, Gregg, and Isaac. Seems like we've got quite the group. Capital Grille sounds great and the Havana Social Club even better.

Renault

One Too Many
I'm here in rural Bastrop county (just east of the Austin area). Dads' side of the family has been here over 150 years. But, I to was born in Ft. Worth one icy day in Jan. of '56. I came back home about 35 years ago. Ftworthgal, I well remember (kinda, sorta) the last incident/dance many of us participated in at the Hangar Hotel in Fritztown! I low-crawled thru the "wire" back to my hotel room!

Renault

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Being military I don't really have a home per se, but the majority of my family live in Austin and it is one of my favorite places to visit as there is always something fun to do while I am there.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Vintage attire would be nice, but certainly not essential, especially given the heat! Band starts at 9 so by then it will at least be dark and (hopefully) below 105.

We'll dress, but I will probably skip the stockings. Husband says he is all in - opting for the dark pinstripe suit, french cuff shirt, but NO NECK TIE! (He's not a heat wuss like me!)

Last edited:

ryanc

Familiar Face
well i will probley come i live in azle but work in fort worth so ya i will probley come to scat that night. im actually use to this heat wearing a suit every day lol its not that bad hahaha. i kid myself at times.... so ya get ahold of me when yall wanna do dinner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff