Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

ShooShooBaby said:
i posted this in another thread, but might as well post it here where it'll actually get seen! this was at Old Fort Macarthur Days in San Pedro:

l_80357b43a4a6ebd484b364e9f945cee4.jpg

me, trickeration, neecerie, and trickeration's daughter kat!

ShooShoo I love that dress, you look so pretty, pretty hair & face & dress!

And oh how I wish I could get away with wearing what Kat is wearing!!!

You all look great ladies. And nice weather too!

epr25

Practically Family
Those shorts are adorable! Did you make them are were they purchased? Are they vintage?

retrogirl1941 said:
Thank you Freebird! I was trying to tint the photo but I have almost no computer skills!lol Here is me on 4th of july:(I forgot to post sooner)
P7030068.jpg

Samantha

lyburnum

Practically Family
CharlesB said:
Whomever that is in the linen suit with red pocket square has excellent taste. You look delightful as per usual

That would be my Dad. He's very good at dressing smart, but TERRIBLE at dressing casually. The fashion disasters that happen when he tries to dress down are somewhat shocking considering the normally good taste he has.

Thank you everyone for your comments, I am rather pleased to finally be a graduate :D

Ada Veen said:
*mutters*stupid scientists and engineers good for nothing*mutters*
Dear lady, not us--blame the politicians who slash our Research & Development budgets! If an idiot who shall go unnamed hadn't all but gutted NASA on my side of the Big Pond in the early-1970s, we might have such toys by now... Once I figure out the matters of getting my license and paying for the Gulfstream and its fuel, would that be an acceptable substitute?;) (A private aircraft doesn't have all the nasty pain-in-the-derriere factor of commercial, no checkpoints or anything.)

Lyburnum, add my voice to the congratulatory chorus as well.

Rufus

Practically Family
I peek into this thread sometimes when I really should be working, and I just wanted to express my admiration for all the many stylish, beautiful women we have here on the Lounge.

FL is so lovely that there is such an amazingly diverse mix of enthusiasts.

Thank you all!

Yours admiringly,
Rufus

MissHannah

One Too Many
lyburnum said:
That would be my Dad. He's very good at dressing smart, but TERRIBLE at dressing casually. The fashion disasters that happen when he tries to dress down are somewhat shocking considering the normally good taste he has.

Thank you everyone for your comments, I am rather pleased to finally be a graduate :D

Oh he looks dead proud too Miss L! Nice work, you :eusa_clap

Edit: are those the M&S shoes? They are super-lovely!

CONGRATUMULATIONS LYBURNUM!!! I have to agree you always look so pretty. I had secretly hoped that irl you would be a minger. I was rather disappointed lol

I hope to be a graduate one day. Thanks to the OU it could be any time in the next 7 years ;)

freebird said:
hmmmmm, make that All Ladies in the U.K, but the sentiment is the same

It means less now ;)

I'm sure you would looooove the chavs

Edward

Bartender
Rufus said:
I peek into this thread sometimes when I really should be working, and I just wanted to express my admiration for all the many stylish, beautiful women we have here on the Lounge.

So if a lady who looks eerily familiar, dressed in a 1940s outfit, turns up in Tank Girl sometime we'll know where the inspiration came from, eh? ;)

Lyburnum - congratulations, it's no mean feat seeing a degree through - enjoy the real world (I didn't, which is why I ran back to academia and teach at a uni now. lol ).

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Such a blouse!

Miss 1940's said:
It never worked with my coloring, even when I fit into it, but it is swell on you! For those who wonder, it has little images in the rows of print as follows:
Transportation to treasure Island: Cars, trains, buses, and the China Clipper
Buildings: The Elephant Towers, the Court of Pacifica
Views: Both the Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate Bridge

The Treasure Island fair was not really a World's Fair (they tried but were rejected in favor of New York), but was the 1939-40 Golden Gate International Exposition. They built the island on a sand bar in the San Francisco Bay, intending to use it as an airport after the fair. Once WWII happened, it was no longer large enough for the bigger planes, but it became a naval station until recently, when it reverted to ownership by the city.

Esther Williams was discovered there, swimming in the Billy Rose Aquacade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay