Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, what is the ideal male for you?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Being the eternal pessimist, I'm going to say that it's not worth thinking about much because the "ideal male" doesn't exist (not any more than the "ideal female"). Dreaming about the ideal often means that nothing will ever live up :)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Got the ideal guy, still musing on the ideal male dog, though. (I think dogs should have a weight division, big enough to guard vs. small enough to fit in a vintage tote lol - I sort of want one of each. Hope he's not the jealous type! :p )

I got a guy actually better than what I was hoping to ever find.

Don't have or want a guy who fits in a tote. lol

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Why do you ask?

The most important thing: He has to be super-intelligent.

I think patience is a very underrated quality, the ideal man for me has heaps of it. Laid back but still proactive (lethargy is not a quality I desire in my partner). Impulsive. Good in bed.

lol

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Disclaimer : none of my previous boyfriends or finacé have ever fitted completely into the points stated below - I doubt I will ever end up or even meet someone who does fit. Attraction is a funny thing and I have been together with the stereotypical skater, musician, bodybuilder, promking etc..

personality and more :

A bright outlook on life, with a big sense of humor and irony.
Can handle himself and doesn't need me to be his mom #2.
Isn't too proud to do the dishes when I cook.
Stands up for me.
Treats me like a goddess (not material speaking).
Dresses like a man, not a boy.
Has nice manners (its harder to find than you all think!).
Knows how to dance and lead.
Can be a gentleman and a caveman at appropriate times.

Looks :

Taller than me when I am wearing my 5 inch Louboutins.
Strong enough to sweep me off my feet (litterally and metaphorical speaking).

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
This one, right here:

DSC03384.jpg

I snapped this pic of Kevin and his grandma yesterday after Easter lunch here at our house. A bit about my mister...he's a mechanic by trade and Irish by blood. A Star Wars nerd of a caliber comparable to me (we actually met online playing a SW game), he's 6'2" tall and tops me when I'm in heels. He's strong from heavy work and cuddly from the soft spot in his heart he doesn't hide nearly as well as he thinks he does. He looks incredible in a suit and is gifted with a fittingly silver tongue and quick wit. He's tickled pink that I keep him well-fed with homemade goodies and loves when I'm in full on vintage mode.

Inky

One Too Many
alright, i'll bite :)

aside from there being no "ideal" anything, traits I like in all humans, and most definitely in my husband are:

1. a sharp sense of humor and intelligence
2. a smile in their eyes
3. the ability to take it AND dish it out

bonus items:

tall, likes to dance, natty dresser, adventurous, likes cats and loves me ;)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Helysoune said:
A Star Wars nerd of a caliber comparable to me (we actually met online playing a SW game)

Haha, I met my guy on a comics/sci-fi messageboard! *nerd high-five*

And that Easter family pic is great. Big guys who aren't afraid to be warm are the best. :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I know many ladies appreciate a really manly man, physically. :) While I do like manly men, I also enjoy the more lanky boyish, you could even say girly, men, the type of man who has long thin fingers and delicate hands, rather than paws. :rolleyes:

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
Viola said:
Haha, I met my guy on a comics/sci-fi messageboard! *nerd high-five*

And that Easter family pic is great. Big guys who aren't afraid to be warm are the best. :)

*happily returns the nerd high five!* Yeah, he's an ol' softie, and being the oldest of a passel of kids, he had to be. We're expecting our first together in October, so I can't wait to snap pics of him holding the baby. :D

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Btw I can relate to nerd crushes, I used to have secret crushes on the super intelligent IT nerds at my old school.. ahh sigh, I didn't dare to tell them though!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
d'awwwww. Such a gorgeous little lady (I love her intent expression in the last photo) and with such a handsome, doting papa! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24