Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lagomarsino?

gabedamien

New in Town
Hi everyone,

What are people's opinions of Lagomarsino hats (from Argentina, apparently)? I've found myself irrevocably in possession of one (boring story) and want to know where they stand in terms of quality, durability, wearability, formality, etc... So that I have an idea of where, when, and in what context I'm going to wear this thing, if at all.

It's a brand new black fedora-style hat with a simple band (no feather) and what looks to my ignorant eye like a perfectly ordinary sized snap brim. Relatively basic I should think, apparently made of some nice fur or felt combination. Has "Lagomarsino Nutria" printed on inside of crown.

Give your honest opinion - as I mentioned, this is more something that I happen to now own than I picked out personally and researched.

Victor

One of the Regulars
I recently got exactly the same hat. I like the feel of the nutria blend felt and the argentinian origin makes it seems exotic to me. Mine is also basic black and I am thinking of replacing the ribbon with something a little more interesting but I personally like it.Only negative that I see is that the sweat rubs my forehead a little but maybe that will break in. Mine is not a vintage hat though. I bought it new for $75

CasaBlancaChuck

Familiar Face
I just received my Lagomarsino from HartfordYorkHats and I am very happy with it although I haven't worn it yet. I think I'm going to have to work myself up to wear a black hat although I like the look. I'm so used to browns and greys, but I'm expanding. I have the "Ha" style (as in HaHa). I'm not sure of the name origin. Actually, I have no idea what it is. I hope they're not laughing at me. I like the hat because it is not massive. The leather sweatband and the satin lining adds to a feeling of quality. The felt has a nice feel to it. There are other styles offered including a tophat. If I can just get past feeling like a member of the clergy (no offense intended) it'll be great. Maybe someone has an idea what would go well with a black hat when you don't want to look somber or formal.. And, what the heck does "Ha" mean?
Best wishes,
CasaBlancaChuck "The rich are different from you and me..."

Victor

One of the Regulars
I think we were just discussing quality.
Mine is black, Nutria blend felt that is a little firmer than some other urban fedoras but a thin felt, not at all thick like a western style. I bought it because I like the feel of the felt better than other fur felts that I saw in the shop. I wore it in the rain the first day I bought it and it held up just fine though the wetness helped me reshape it the way I wanted to and its holding nicely. Has a nice black liner and is from Argentina. Mine has a 2 1/2 inch brim and is not as tall as an Indy hat, maybe 4 1/2" crown with some taper as part of the shape. Overall a nice looking and feeling contemporary hat in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran