Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lake Vostok site of secret Nazi base in 1943???

Blackjack

One Too Many
Unpossible! Everyone knows they put all their resources into their moon base.

Goes without saying Story, but them Nazi's were a cagey bunch and Im sure they had the time to store a few UFO's down there. On the serious side there are still a lot of people who believe that they were using Antarctica for something, or hiding something. I don't quite understand why we would have spent the amount of money it would have cost to implement HighJump just to go there and shoot pictures of ice.

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
The British had operation Tabarin (IIRC) where we had some bases down there to keep an eye on Jerry's dealings. From those, boat patrols were sent out.

Logically and operationally, Antarctica makes no sense as you need to import everything you need to survive from elsewhere. That makes you vulnerable to being blockaded.

Personally I think it's all a crock. Other than some 'Treasure Island' type scenario where they wanted to stash something somewhere safe to be retrieved at some later date. But I don't see some Raiders of the Lost Ark III old guardians sat in an ice cave !

Blackjack

One Too Many
Die Glocke...:)
[video=youtube;b8e6wUfueBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8e6wUfueBo&list=PL6AF8DFAAAE9226B5&index=1&feature=plpp_video&skipcontrinter=1[/video]

Story

I'll Lock Up
Goes without saying Story, but them Nazi's were a cagey bunch and Im sure they had the time to store a few UFO's down there. On the serious side there are still a lot of people who believe that they were using Antarctica for something, or hiding something. I don't quite understand why we would have spent the amount of money it would have cost to implement HighJump just to go there and shoot pictures of ice.

Yeah, as discussed in this thread
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...ing-discs...&p=1280899&viewfull=1#post1280899

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner