Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

last of the Ziefield Follies girls is 102

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
http://www.canadaeast.com/cp/entertainment/article.php?articleID=39245

e090109A.jpg

"I'm the last of the Ziegfeld Follies girls now," she says. "It's an honour in a way. I certainly didn't think that would happen."

She is 102, with a few wrinkles and white curly hair that frames her blue eyes. She credits her longevity to her ongoing love affair with dancing and other lifestyle choices - "I didn't drink or smoke. I didn't abuse myself physically," she says.

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
God Bless Her! She looks fantastic & still looks like she has a few dance routines in her. Thanks for posting this. I have delved into the Ziegfeld world through my many books.

ledsled

One of the Regulars
And a Rockette

My wife's stepmother was a Rockette. We were saddened to lose her a couple years ago. Even though she was getting up in years, she always carried herself as if she was on stage. I don't know how a human being could maintain such grace.

Like so many dancers, she opened a dance studio when she left NYC. It's tough to earn a living doing that, but she got by.

I wonder if professional dancers contracts allow for some kind of retirement fund contributions nowadays? I don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace