Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lawless Denim

wdw

One Too Many
I think he's wrong with his dates. I ordered November 5, and they'd been going for many weeks if not months before that. Definitely many months (6+?) for Kickstarter. So they didn't just start from scratch.

Anyway, looking around the web, being generous suggests that after 6 months on the new order numbering system, they're possibly now sending out orders around 200-300, with some before and after slipping out to confuse things.

That means at best 50 orders a month. Do the sums, then depress yourselves with what that actually means to your orders.

And as far as the fabled new factories go, let's just wait and see...

wdw

One Too Many
Another annoying, more worrying, thing is that he keeps saying all we have to do is ask for a refund and he'll give it.

So people ask, yet many don't get their refund. Me included. If he's that hard up for cash, then I can't see how he can stay afloat much longer.

Paying out the refunds that people are entitled to would at least prove that he cares and that he's solvent. Not paying out suggests otherwise.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I honestly think they will be lucky to be around at XMAS. Sourcing skilled staff for this niche can't be easy. This leads me to believe that QC will suffer even more as they will be rushing everything through. There's one guy got an upside down patch on his jeans, there's stuff not fitting people at all, lots of gear getting made in the wrong material. They could spend a full month just fixing up wrong orders. I just can't see this huge backlog ending well. Still too many stories of people waiting weeks without refunds. How many new orders will they take once people do a quick google for a review before spending money? I see on another site they are advertising a 2-4 week turn around on their new Kevlar line...that's just plain irresponsible.
It's a car wreck that I can't stop watching!

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
My order was placed 11-3-14, order #526. I havn't had a chance to try them on, they look great.

Well, that is the highest number I've seen. Interesting someone else has just reported an order in the 140s arriving today too. I do wonder if they are in such chaos with the order numbers and their 'barcode tracking system' that they haven't a clue what is in production and what isn't and this is their reticence to post any meaningful order updates.

thor

Call Me a Cab
My order was also placed on Nov. 3 and it was #287. The jeans arrived at the end of March. I had also placed a second order about a week after the first and it's in the 1,200's! Probably be a long, long time before that order arrives. Still haven't heard anything back about not getting the 50% off discount for the first order (despite numerous e-mails). Not overly thrilled with LD's customer service.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Iv been told that the 18/5oz denim isn't available at this point ,so they can do the order #1137 in any heavy denim,,,,& they would be a priority order(yeah right),,,I was told this after I requested a refund & was given the 120 days line,,let's see what turns up on my doorstep?

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Iv been told that the 18/5oz denim isn't available at this point ,so they can do the order #1137 in any heavy denim,,,,& they would be a priority order(yeah right),,,I was told this after I requested a refund & was given the 120 days line,,let's see what turns up on my doorstep?

Hit them up for the 24oz they are taking orders for....I read somewhere he has found some 28oz that he is hoping to take on...

wdw

One Too Many
Hit them up for the 24oz they are taking orders for....I read somewhere he has found some 28oz that he is hoping to take on...

But that's at least a September delivery, according to them, and no guarantee of an actual date.

I applaud your optimism if you take that on.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
But that's at least a September delivery, according to them, and no guarantee of an actual date.

I applaud your optimism if you take that on.

Never in a million years..if they actually delivered anywhere near their qoutes I would be tempted. I just thought it would be better than the stretch acid wash denim that will probably arrive at Sloanes house sometime around XMAS..

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Lol I think I will pass on the 24oz,,,my iron hearts are with customs in Coventry,,,had hoped they would skip through

Ribdoner

A-List Customer
You've got me worried now. I fear mine may turn up in stretch denim! :D

I wish mine were stretch denim....I ordered the 18.5 denim and the brown herringbone (very nice) in size 38 and had to do the shimmy, shimmy, ko-ko-bop to get into the damn things because they're a size 36.

It's like a nightmare that gets worse and worse

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well, I got dispatch notice this evening, and a wee note from Kahla saying that they'd chucked in a leather card holder as way of thank you for my saint-like patience;)! I guess the proof of the denim pudding will be in the eating when they arrive. Pray for me...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I wish mine were stretch denim....I ordered the 18.5 denim and the brown herringbone (very nice) in size 38 and had to do the shimmy, shimmy, ko-ko-bop to get into the damn things because they're a size 36.

It's like a nightmare that gets worse and worse

Mwa ha ha ha ha!!!!! Best line I've heard all day. I LOVE Little Anthony and the Imperials!!!!! I'm only out one pair of pants. I can afford to let this play out a little longer...

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Well, I got dispatch notice this evening, and a wee note from Kahla saying that they'd chucked in a leather card holder as way of thank you for my saint-like patience;)! I guess the proof of the denim pudding will be in the eating when they arrive. Pray for me...

You don't need prayer... psychiatric help yes... prayer no. LD needs prayer and lots of it if they declare bankruptcy and go belly up leaving me and untold thousands holding a VERY empty bag. The problem is they'll have spoiled it for EVERY future kickstarter trying to get into the denim business. Period.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters