Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lawless Denim

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Interesting reading. Completely different in numbers and content to what their own customer service told me this week but there you go. They'd have a lot more credibility if they just chose one set of facts and stuck with them.

Good they would rather spend time focusing on their new fabrics rather than bother updating their customers on long overdue order numbers though :eusa_doh:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
None of this makes any sens, they can't get one factory running correctly, but are opening a second one, and their own mill!
This looks like it is going to go very wrong very fast and i am happy i got out...
Also, my order did get refunded the same day i asked for it, money is in my account, which makes the whole "we refund once a month" sound like a lie...

wdw

One Too Many
IMHO, he'd have had some credibility if he'd got the one factory he does have working efficiently, rather than coming up with grandiose schemes to take over US denim (and Ferrari) production with 3 factories. And all of this is subsidised by the poor saps who believed in the 6-8 week delivery fantasy (me included).

I'm just amazed that people are still giving him money, but it seems that some folks can't resist a low price, even if delivery is realistically 6-12 months down the line, unless of course you believe in the wunderwaffen of these new factories.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What astounds me is that they opened for business without having any apparent production capacity at all. Only after placing my order did I see the comments about their hopes to get a machine going the next week. Live and learn, I suppose, but I think it's time to make that call.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I wonder how dependent they are on new orders to refund old order?

Do you think it's possible that their cash flow has gotten so bad that they actually need new orders in order to refund old orders?
I can imagine a lot of people are asking for refunds after all this time, and i can't imagine their financial situation looking to good.
The whole "we only refund on Friday" followed by "we only refund once a month" sounds like a perfect cover for the fact that they are broke and need to get the money together before they can refund you!

Or maybe i am reading into it to much...

wdw

One Too Many
Carlos, that's pretty much my take on it. There are more negatives than positives in that setup, so I'm glad I'm out, although I'm still waiting on my final refund.

I think it'll be a year, assuming they keep going, before production times become sane, but people are still giving them money. I very much prefer spending more and having a quick delivery, than basically putting a long bet on whether or not the company survives and actually gives you what you ordered.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
This model of "robbing Peter to pay Paul" is unsustainable and will collapse upon itself sooner than later. If you're an ordinary Joe you "might" get your money back, I wonder if they snookered any venture capitalists with this whole thing?

Worf

Ribdoner

A-List Customer
The customer service associates (Laura, Kyala) are down to earth, professional and compassionate. My items, ordered 11-3-14, shipped Yesterday and i recv'd a trk'g #. I'll update upon receipt.

Don't shoot the messenger when dealing with LD.

Adam

thor

Call Me a Cab
I placed an order on Nov. 16 (#287). An e-mail I sent afew days ago was answered very promptly and courteously by Kahla. She said my order was in the final stage of production and would ship in about 2 weeks. She said "it will be well worth the wait!". A longer-then-estimated production time might be mitigated by an AWESOME pair of jeans. We'll see.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Good to hear orders are said to be going out, hope they arrive and are great. Would love to see them succeed despite the current issues and managerial attitudes.

I wondered about them needing new order money to fulfil previous orders and refunds as both seem to have slowed but from my conversations with their CS, which at times seemed to be a little too honest than you probably should be with customers, I got the impression that they were just in a complete mess, with no plan or process' in place to deal with the orders they'd taken - Equally not a great way to do business.

I hope it works out and it is 'well worth the wait' as they do like to say (Maybe that should be their moto?). But as said by others here, given how things are going at the moment I'm not sure more factories are going to solve all their problems.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think they were due to be posted some time over the weekend, but I see no change in my status[huh]. I'm still relaxed about this, though, as I think I'm close enough to the front of the queue so that I'll see them some time soon(ish). That said, the way the company is going about it's business is bizarre, but nowhere near as strange as those people who are still throwing money in for the 23/24 oz jeans...

wdw

One Too Many
Good luck anyway. I hope you get what you want. The weird thing is that you might get a fantastic pair that ticks every box, one in material you didn't even ask for, or anything in between. At least it was cheap.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
The customer service associates (Laura, Kyala) are down to earth, professional and compassionate. My items, ordered 11-3-14, shipped Yesterday and i recv'd a trk'g #. I'll update upon receipt.

Don't shoot the messenger when dealing with LD.
L
Adam

I look forward to seeing your kit. Mind you, that's over 12 months from order to delivery. 12 weeks for a 6-8 week quote would be enough for me. Heaven forbid something doesn't fit, or is made to the wrong specs.
It just made me feel uneasy towards the end, hence the cancellation

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Good luck anyway. I hope you get what you want. The weird thing is that you might get a fantastic pair that ticks every box, one in material you didn't even ask for, or anything in between. At least it was cheap.
I know! I think there are a few people who are just so intrigued by the weirdness of the set-up that we're willing to keep going with this wild ride to see where it ends! It's still within the realms of the possible that Lawless could get this under control if they were to strim down the amount of mods available and focus on just getting their orders finished rather than coming up with new factories/weaving their own denim. It's all a question of priorities, and I'm not sure Lawless are even close to getting them in the right order.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I got 2 out of 4 items in the 298-something order today.

* Omaha Camel wool checker, navy thread, black fisheye buttons. Regular Large
Is thick and nice, feels premium. A little itchy.

* Oregon Japan dark chambray, navy thread, black snaps. Regular Large
Feels thick and substantial!! Feels like a workshirt - great!

I actually ordered the Omaha as an oregon with omaha pockets but am now happy they didnt give me that customization beacause now I can see the difference of the 2. Pro Oregon is tripple stitching with runoff, but con is a little slightly wierd fit with smaller in the chest and looser in the waist. Pro Omaha is that the fit is nicer imho on me. Its a very small detail, but I think I will get the Omaha next time.

I think they fit good.
I also think they are within spec but its a little hard to measure the length (that I customized) because I dont know where they measure from, since its a collar waistband.

I have gone through the shirts all over and they are good made I think, some loose threads but not too bad.

Only 2 errors - under the arms the cross isnt straight. One is straight and one is not - same on both shirts. It doesnt show and I cant tell that it impacts the drape in any way. So best place to have it i think.

Fit: (sorry for bad pics here, Im not a selfie-ninja)

1_zps2eijnelh.jpg

2_zpszze5obxq.jpg

errors:
3_zpswwoxnkbw.jpg

4_zpsqarlkql3.jpg

Other side is perfect....
5_zpsvkavl7wf.jpg

Some pics of the construction:

7_zpsgsxdro29.jpg

9_zpshyiogwvq.jpg

10_zpsaa4aihor.jpg

11_zpsojvl3vga.jpg