Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lee denim jackets

tonypaj

Practically Family
I've got a similar thingy from the 70s, Lee's sanforized, PATD-153438, Union Made in U.S.A. To me it's just a jeans jacket, by now faded with being washed a whole lot. However, these days I wear it quite frequently, excellent cut for me, hides my gut :). Sorry, cannot comment on the new ones.

Nice link.How do they fit?If you are a 38 Aero Highwayman/40 30´s HB, would a lee stromrider 38 fit me trim?
I have one. Have to see if it's the 60's, 70's, or 80's model - blanket lined. It seems a little smaller than normal. Not a hug difference, but the older you go, the more likely it's smaller. I can measure mine.

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Griff, I have a couple of Stormriders, one original from the 70's and a repro by Japanese denim fanatics Warehouse. They are both quite snug compared to a Highwayman and suggest you go for a 40. I may be a similar size to you as I take a 38 in a Highwayman and 40 in 30s HB.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Compared to many blouson-style denim jackets, the 101 (and its brother model, the Stormrider) tapers markedly towards the waist and is pretty darn short so I'd second going up a size - if you're over 'bout 5' 10"-ish I'd even try and find a vintage 'long' fitting one from Ebay – I had a Lee 101 in 44L that was the same length as a 'regular' fit Levi's 1960s "Big E" 'trucker' jacket!

In all honesty, the Lee 'Rider' jacket, as it's generally known, changed very little over the decades – rather than paying more than $200 for a new 'pre-distressed' one, you'd be much better off haunting Ebay and vintage stores, where decent 1970s examples can be had for $40-50... just look for the buttons on the rear waist adjusters, which should be plastic, and make sure it's the two-pocket version (hand-warmer pockets were added in the 1980s)...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24