Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lewis Leathers Westway Boots

Edward

Bartender
Chanced across this old thread on the Googles. What a difference a(n almost) decade makes!

Rufus.... I guess UK manufacture os probably wht's keeping the price that high..... GBP600 seems a lot, but yeah, it sure isn't cheap to produce things over here. Nice to know, though, that at least Lewis is in the hands of an enthusiast....

Most of their stuff is well beyond my budget, but I'll tell ya what.... I really fancy those sneakers..... the look like Daddy was a Westway and Mum was a Chuck Taylor.... ;)

Yeah, and ten years on, and you're now planning a pair anyhow now they're more expensive. And the bike is happening - so much for futre gazing, Marlowe!

What I would like to see is Lewis producing rider gear that meets modern safety standards, but retains the vintage look. No one actually does this at the moment, unfortunately.

And in recent yers, this has started to happen! Lewis now make the Monza and a straight zip equivalent with armour. Fingers crossed the Lightning will be an option when I have the scratch.... (58 spec, of course - never was so much a fan of that extra sleeve pocket).

Edward

Bartender
Holy... everything that is holy, we have a Tank Girl artist here as well!?

We did, alas Rufus is too busy working and touring these days for forums. Great guy, though, if you're a fan of his work go and meet him at a signing. You won't be disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff