Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lincoln Brigade Jacket A-1/A-2 from SFA

CBI

One Too Many
Gents:

Mark Fisher at Superior Flight Apparel does awesome work:

Here is a Lincoln Brigade jacket (circa 1936-38 probably USA made jacket worn by anti-facist volunteers - the good guys - during the Spanish Civll War)

Some had buttons for pockets, others A-2 style snaps. Also went with slightly nicer A-2 pocket flaps. An A-1 w/ a zipper is an oversimplification but you get the idea.

Latest cape skin via Good Wear - great hide!

Mark's work is top drawer, highly recommend him to anyone - super high standards.

This cape is terrific, I think it looks a bit over textured in close up pics but don't let that fool you, great in person, super comfy.

Mark's Company is Superior Flight Apparel:

IMG_0765_zps501a90f1.jpg

IMG_0769_zpsafa3ca2d.jpg

IMG_0772_zps4614c8cb.jpg

IMG_0774_zpsb46775fc.jpg

IMG_0775_zpsf26d2181.jpg

IMG_0776_zpsf61f0097.jpg

IMG_0792_zpse4c040ac.jpg

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
Jacket looks as quality as a Goodwear. I have a sale jacket from Mark which is my favorite jacket. I won't be buying any more jackets for a while but if and when I do pick up another, it could well be a Superior Flight Apparel. Congratulations on your new jacket. The Capeskin looks sweet.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Another great jacket that I really like and that I would love to own. Again great hide, colour, and some really unusual and interesting details. Mark clearly does some great work and the leather looks amazing.
Fit is good (spot on) but not quite as sharp as on your new The Few A-1. This is not a point of criticism because it's a good fitting jacket...it's merely an observation that the cut of both jackets differs a bit.

Again good pictures with excellent natural lighting.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
In my experience (I have a Good Wear A-1 in this cape), the grain looks exaggerated initially but will quickly settle down/flatten with wear and/or water to relax the leather.

CBI

One Too Many
yes, the hide is already breaking in!

Yes, a different looser fit than THE FEW A-1 posted. Just a different style

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn