Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lion Hats- - - - > Beaver Hats ?

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Does anyone know the date that Lion Hats became Beaver brand hats?

I picked up a 100% beaver Lion a couple of months back from Ebay.

Felt is very nice but it is stiffer as this hat is quasi-western, thin ribbon OR knock off . It has low crown (4 5/8" open) and moderate (2 7/8") brim.

Picture will follow soon

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beaver Hats = Beaver Brand Hats?

I have a hat off ebay discribed as 100% beaver which I think not. The lables on the sweat are Beaver Hats with a picture of a beaver and Major which seems a modle and the store name. Beaver Hats with a large picture of a beaver in the logo on the lining crown.
Any on know if Beaver Hats is any relation to Beaver Brand Hats

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you for your reply Art. My” Beaver Hats” was not made with attention to the details but the felt with steaming will take and hold a crease well. I use the hat for my daily wearer as a construction superintendent work hat. I know it not a hard hat, some time I can get away with it. I didn’t pay much and with brushing the olive gray finish holds up well.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
He doesn't cite a source, but here's what's in the sticky thread that Mingoslim put together:

Langenburg (Lion Hats)
Founded in 1860 as Gauss, Hunicke & Krause in St. Louis, the Langenburg Hat Co is the forerunner of Beaver Brand hats.

Dewhurst said:
Looking in this time line I don't see much:

http://beaverbrandhats.com/timeline.htm

The time-line only goes to the 20's, though.

Are you positive that Lion Hats was ever a name that was adopted by the Langenberg Hat Company?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR