Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lipstick that stinks!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
This is driving me nutty! I had to return an Estee Lauder lipstick because it was so heavily perfumed that it made my nose burn! And now I am wearing a Mac lipstick which has an added vanilla scent and it's also starting to make my nose twitch! I wear mostly Clinique which is fragrance-free.

What other brands don't stink????

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
I can't stand Estee Lauder lipsticks either for the samw reason. I guess most of them have some kind of masking scent but the Estee Lauder is the worst. Elizabeth Arden, Revlon and Covergirl do not bother me, but they all have some scent. It just isn't overpowering. YMMV

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just did a sniff test of all my lipsticks, and the only two brands that don't smell are NARS and Cargo (their Plant Love line, not sure about the rest).

All the others, Chanel, Bourjois, NYC, Dior, MAC, Besame, and Revlon all have scents, floral, berry, or vanilla/sweet.

I'm slowly becoming convinced of NARS's innate superiority. ;)

JennyLou

Practically Family
PrettySquareGal said:
This is driving me nutty! I had to return an Estee Lauder lipstick because it was so heavily perfumed that it made my nose burn! And now I am wearing a Mac lipstick which has an added vanilla scent and it's also starting to make my nose twitch! I wear mostly Clinique which is fragrance-free.

What other brands don't stink????

I love Clinique lipsticks. The one I wear daily is the Long Lasting in Vintage Wine. Absolutely love it! But other than Clinique, I am not sure which other brands do not have a scent. I also use Maybelline Superstay lipcolor in wine which does have a scent but after it dries the scent is gone.

olive bleu

One Too Many
In the "El Cheapo" category, Rimmel lipsticks are pretty tasty. I can't deal with the smell of Avon lipsticks though..and i have MANY.

oh..but my favourite brand for scent free is Marcelle, although i think it's only available in Canada :(

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I have since tried two more corner drug store brands: Neutrogena and L'Oreal

Neutrogena has a faint mint smell and made my lips burn! I'm pretty sure they add menthol. I do not like it because of that but the color was nice.

L'Oreal has a faint odor but I don't smell it when it's on my lips; only when I hold the case up to my nose. I like it a lot and may buy some more in addition to Clinique.

Miss RM

Familiar Face
I was just about to pipe up and suggest L'Oreal ... but too late! It does have a scent, you're right, but it's not a nose-burning one, at least!

DameIniquitous

New in Town
I know Kat Von D for Sephora has some intense reds, but as for the smell I can't say.

Oddly enough I never minded the smell of my MAC, although some of my girlfriends are fiends for the smell and actually...erm.. chew off their lipstick or lipglass.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Only have one Mac so far and hardly bear the smell, only put up with it cause the colour is so great! It's supposed to be vanilla, but really... it smells like some erasers there were years ago, which could not erase anything properly as a matter of fact, only did a complete mess on the piece of paper...:(
Anyway, the good thing is that with Mac I find after a few minutes I can't smell it that much anymore, so I am prepared to buy another few lipsticks. But I do prefer fragrance free stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy