Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean leather A2 type?

guitone

Familiar Face
There is an old but not worn one on ebay in my size, the unlined (and preferred) one. Who made these, it is from the '80's and says made in USA? Goat skin, size 38, anyone remember how these ran size wise? It is advertised as made with one piece of leahter, so that is good....any info appreciated.

Thanks

guit

El Jefe

New in Town
Howdy, first post (woo hoo!),
I got a Bean A2 in about 93, I don't know how different it might be from the one you're looking at.
The two most signifigant things I can tell you about mine are:
Bad News: The sleeves are really short. I often have problems with this, my sleeve measurement is dead between a regular and tall, but I'm extremely broad shouldered, which tends to rick my shirt and jacket sleeves up considerably. In addition to this I ride a motorcycle daily, year round, which, obviously, requires sleeves to be a little longer, but the sleeves on this A2 are even shorter than usual. So much so, in fact, that I pretty much stopped wearing it when riding my motorbike, so you might want to be aware of that.
Good News (sort of):the goatskin is ab-so-lutely indestructible...now, this is good for practicality, 'cause it does last forever, but if you're hoping to get a little age on the jacket, forget it. For the first many years, I wore it in the (torrential and highly acidic) rain, I've wiped out on city streets 3 times wearing it, and it looks exactly like the day I got it. The knit cuffs and waistband are getting kind of ratty, finally, but the leather is still in perfect nick.
You know, FWIW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou