Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Long haired 1930s 1920 looks?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Ahh, thats what I thought! Ringlets usually come out with small barrel curling irons, or Hot Sticks, sometimes even small rollers. The key is to take the tool out of your hair vertically, and quite carefully. The curling iron is probably your best bet - I've done them many times on my mother's hair as a base for a style. :)

The curling iron method: Clamp the desired section of hair at the ends, and roll neatly underneath until reaching the root. Hold for about 6 seconds, then loosen your grip and take the iron out vertically. If it isn't quite what you want, vary the thickness of your sections.

Last edited:

Miss Peach

One of the Regulars
You know, as odd as it sounds, I have long hair and I just got it permed. I had them use the largest rods possible. Perms are so incredibly out that the stylists were like, "...Are you SURE you want curly hair?!" I guess if it's not iron straight then it's not on their radar anymore! Ouf.

However, I've found that, with the larger waves, there is a lot of versatility and I end up with a very 1910s/1920s marcel look on a daily basis. It might not be the level of commitment you're looking for. I just wear it in a low bun and do some kohl-looking eyes. Grab some long pearls and no one will know you didn't step out of that phony cell phone video everyone's talking about (again) in The Observation Bar. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner