Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a leather wallet

andy richards

Practically Family
Hello Gentlemen,
I am looking for a nice quality leather wallet. There are lots on the internet, but I am looking for a wallet which last for a few decades. Any suggestions?
Andy

Edward

Bartender
Any idea what design you fancy?

If I was in the market for a wallet at present, I'd probably look into one of these, from Eastman:

Eastmanwalletmont.jpg

http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/eastmanleather/products/product-76664.stm

andy richards

Practically Family
Thanks for posting. I am looking for a folder-type wallet, space for credit-cards, ID, drivers' licence and some money if any left...;) . Not a bulky wallet.
Thanks,
Andy

Edward

Bartender
That Eastman would probably do your job then... sounds like you use a wallet the way I do (paper money and cards only - coins in the trouser pocket, though that coin purse looks mighty handy..). I really like the way Eastman can sell you a wallet to match your A2... (I believe the wallets are made from offcuts leftover from the jackets. A good use of scrap - very green!).

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I was gonna post a link earlier to the same place.

Lexybeast, totally, completely, utterly :eek:fftopic: : where did you get the gloves in your avatar? I've been meaning to ask for a while.

PhilR

New in Town
I've been using the Saddleback small leather wallet for about six months now and couldn't be happier. I can fit 4 credit cards, license, 10 business cards, and about 8 bills of various denominations. Fully loaded it is only about 1/4" thick. The front side holds the drivers license that simply slides out with a push of the thumb when needed. For stuff like my AAA and insurance cards, I simply made photo copies and placed them behind the license to save space. The leather is really nice and it is built to last forever. Their bifolds look nice too, but I don't want to carry that much wallet around.

SaddlebackWallet.jpg

Jedburgh

New in Town
I'll jump into the Saddleback Leather crowd as I own some of their products including a large briefcase. Their workmanship is amazing and it comes with a 100 year warranty. They aren't joking when they say you can leave it in your will.

Cheers,
Jed

Jan

One of the Regulars
They definitely do. Their leather goods age really really nicely. You can either treat them, or wear them as is. And they'll turn out great.

I've been meaning to contact a buddy of mine for a belt, but I've been indecisive about which one would suit me best. All of them are really nice.

Same with their wallets. Even though I am content with my cheapo "biker" wallet.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Edward said:
That Eastman would probably do your job then... sounds like you use a wallet the way I do (paper money and cards only - coins in the trouser pocket, though that coin purse looks mighty handy..). I really like the way Eastman can sell you a wallet to match your A2... (I believe the wallets are made from offcuts leftover from the jackets. A good use of scrap - very green!).

I'm kinda confused on the colors.

Eastman Leather Clothing said:
A. Rough Wear 1401. Russet Warhorse, OD thread. No decals. (Would also match with the Rough Wear B-3 and B-6 jackets)

B. Rough Wear 27752. Seal Brown Warhorse, OD thread. AAF decals.

C. Star Sportswear 28557. Dark Seal Brown Warhorse, Havana thread. AAF decals.

D. Cable Raincoat 23382. Havana Goatskin, Havana thread. No decals.

E. Monarch Mfg 352nd Ftr Grp. Russet Warhorse, Havana thread. AAF decals.

F. ELC A-1. Seal Brown Capeskin, Havana thread. No decals.

G. Werber Leather Coat Co 1729. Havana Warhorse, Havana thread. No decals.

H. ELC Seal Brown Warhorse. Havana thread. AAF decals. (Also would match with ELC B-3, ANJ-4, D-1 and C-3 jackets)

I. ELC Havana Warhorse. Havana thread. AAF decals.

J. ELC Seal Brown Steerhide. Havana thread. AAF decals. (Also would match with the darker of the two Pearl Harbor A-2s, )

K. ELC Havana Brown Steerhide. Havana thread. AAF decals. (Would also match with Pearl Harbor A-2)

L. ELC Seal Brown Goatskin. Havana thread. AAF decals.

M. ELC Havana Goatskin. Havana thread. AAF decals.

N. ELC G-1 Seal Brown Goatskin. Seal Brown thread. No decals.

O. ELC M422A Goatskin. Havana Brown thread. No decals.

P. Luftwaffe Black Horsehide. Black thread. No decals.

Q. Hartmann Black Cowhide. Black thread. No decals.

R. Hartmann Brown Cowhide. Brown thread. No decals.

I'm looking for a close match to a Custom Hide 1945 Army Case in Whiskey. I know it's not the same company, so I'm not expecting a dead on match. Just something close. Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael