Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for advice regarding leather accessories

adriancol

New in Town
I post this question to all of our stylish members of this forums. Should a gentlemans leather accesories, wallet, pen case, key fob, money clip, etc.. all be the same color and leather type (aligator, smooth leather, textured, etc..)? Or is mixing colors and textures the equivalent to wearing a brown belt with black shoes?

Thank you in advance :)

Adrian Collins

de Stokesay

One of the Regulars
adriancol said:
I post this question to all of our stylish members of this forums. Should a gentlemans leather accesories, wallet, pen case, key fob, money clip, etc.. all be the same color and leather type (aligator, smooth leather, textured, etc..)? Or is mixing colors and textures the equivalent to wearing a brown belt with black shoes?

Thank you in advance :)

Adrian Collins

Feel free to match them if you feel you must but it certainly is not required. One rarely sees all of the accessories that you mentioned at the same time (or even more than 2 of them at the same time for that matter), so it really doesn't matter. My moneyclip/wallet is bright red Spanish leather, my watch strap is either black, brown, or a nylon NATO, depending what I am wearing, I don't use either a key fob or a pen case. I don't think there is any hard and fast rule against matching accessories but if you try too hard it will likely look as if you did just that. It might even appear that you were uncreative enough to allow yourself to be sold a matching set, much as those matching furniture sets where you get an entire living room set, dining room set, and bedroom set all with exactly matching (rather than simply complementary) upholstery.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow, what a great thought; matching everything, it appeals to my OCD tendencies. I like the idea of that. I certainly don't think it's required, but it would certainly make a statement on your night stand.

As for me, most of my leather goods are Louis Vuitton items I've picked up on my travels, so mine compliment, accidentally.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
No one is actually going to see these things all at once, unless you're going through airport or building security, so it really doesn't matter does it?

Style & good taste, if all you want to do is impress then buy yourself a really expensive car & you'll get a 'matching' key fob with the deal ;)

----------------
Now playing: Audioslave - Original Fire
via FoxyTunes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner