Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for love in all the wrong places

cadence

New in Town
Wow!!

I must admit that is rather stupid and desperate, but it was good for a laugh!! lol Some people need to understand that someone who serves the public (police/ambulance/fire department) isn't flirting with them just because they are nice to them (and because they are a "cutie pie")!! I would call it rather sad to see someone so desperate!! Or even a little cookoo :p But once again, it was good for a laugh...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Probably a little cookoo.

But, did she really need to be arrested? I think that was a misguided use of police manpower.

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:
But, did she really need to be arrested? I think that was a misguided use of police manpower.

Absolutely correct! I am quite sure that this nut will not do any jail time. In fact, this will just waste the time of the prosecutor and/or judge.

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
G. Fink-Nottle said:
Absolutely correct! I am quite sure that this nut will not do any jail time. In fact, this will just waste the time of the prosecuter and/or judge.
Exactly. Why throw "good money after bad". It's got to be a freak occurance and seems there's no point in making an example of this poor lady; sure wouldn't want my tax $ going for her arrest, trial, etc.

Wonder if that'll happen if/when I go the route of EMT training... lol

Swing High,
- Cousin Hepcat

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Meanwhile, in my hometown, a woman died this year because the operator decided the kid calling for help was pranking.

Feraud

Bartender
Obviously the woman is a complete idiot.
By not addressing the issue, we as a society embolden this type of ridiculous behavior.
She deserves a high fine.

cadence

New in Town
Viola said:
Meanwhile, in my hometown, a woman died this year because the operator decided the kid calling for help was pranking.
:eek: That is so horrible to hear. It is not the operators job to decide if someone is pranking or not. It's an unfortunate event, but it does happen.

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
cadence said:
:eek: That is so horrible to hear. It is not the operators job to decide if someone is pranking or not. It's an unfortunate event, but it does happen.

I heard of that. :rage: This happened in Detroit. Poor kid.

If I were the Deputy, I would most definitely do the same. Behavior like that, although stupid, is unacceptable and, even though she was probably unaware of it, she was breaking the law by pulling this stunt.

Laws are established for a reason and they must not be broken under any circumstances.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
TommySalieri said:
I heard of that. :rage: This happened in Detroit. Poor kid.

If I were the Deputy, I would most definitely do the same. Behavior like that, although stupid, is unacceptable and, even though she was probably unaware of it, she was breaking the law by pulling this stunt.

Laws are established for a reason and they must not be broken under any circumstances.

Apparently the case I was thinking of was Detroit, you're right. I really hope it was just that one and not one here too. I know they had to overhaul the the whole 911 system here because of a murder back ten years ago where no cops were sent.

I mean, a whole mob of kids with baseball bats couldn't possibly be up to bad things, right?

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
Viola said:
I mean, a whole mob of kids with baseball bats couldn't possibly be up to bad things, right?

Oh, c'mon now. Those boys were just going out to play a wholesome, All-American game of baseball at the park. Just like Mickey Mantel. :p

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
The desperation, it is not attractive.

However, I think she should get to spend some time with some policemen. She should spend a day or a night in a police cruiser (not with "Cutie Pie," but with a female officer) to see that the police have more important things to do than tend to her love life. Some community service might also be in order.

Story

I'll Lock Up
And for Equal Opportunity Desperation...

Exhibit A -

A student at the University of Central Florida is accused of setting a fire on campus as a way to meet women, according to a Local 6 News report. Police said Matthew Damsky admitted to lighting a couch on fire at the Academic Village Dorms last week. Damsky told officers he hoped he would be able to meet women as the building was being evacuated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff