Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for summer wear ideas

David Ward

Familiar Face
Traditionally I've always had a wardrobe full of heavy, dark clothing, and I love the autumn and winter. I really suffered through the heat last summer though and vowed never again! The place of work leans toward smart casual so I've got a lot of wiggle room to dress for the summer with a bit of character. I'm almost thinking of leaning towards adventure type gear, like the magnoli adventurer shirt.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for possible outfits? Thanks!

David Ward

Familiar Face
Anachronism said:
lighter colors are better, also think about the fabric your clothing is made out of. Heavy wool suits are best saved for winter!
Absolutely! But I find the modern office 'uniform' (at least in these parts) of baggy, formless beige pants and a blue button down shirt to be a bit off-putting. I was wondering if anyone had any more stylish ideas for those hot summer afternoons!

Doug C

Practically Family
OH I don't know.. I usually lean toward a wide leg pant especially for summer, so khaki or linen or any other non-winter material BUT with that said I think current fashion is going for a fairly narrow leg this year - and it's a good look too IMHO especially when worn with nice shoes and NO socks. A thin simple belt would be cool too. I have several cotton chambray shirts that are great for the hot days and are very classic and simple. Also, a basic polo shirt but worn fitted if you can pull it off, looks great in the summer too. If your office is kept cold then keep a very thin solid cardigan on hand. I plan on getting some of the very classic Sperry top-sider deck shoes this year myself, the originals that supposedly go back to the 1930s, I used to wear them back in '82. Anyway, just some ideas to mull over.
-Doug C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany