Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loosing the curl

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Black Dahlia said:
This is sort of off topic..but related. What pomades do you use? Those that either have naturally curly hair, or who set their hair in curls. I've tried every product on the market practically re taming the frizz, yet keeping the curl: sprays, anti-frizz serums, etc. Would pomade help?

X
BD

PS if there is a thread on this..let me know! I can't find one.
I use pomade but more to contain the flyaways that I always get because my hair is fine. Before pomade I never really tied my hair back as it would just look terrible and was half out by the end of the day. Pomade sees to solve that issue. If you are going to use Pomade use one that washes out easily like LayRite or Sweet Georgia Brown ( I use the purple can as it smells more girly an added plus is it keeps my husband out of it too). I do not have naturally curly hair though, its straight as a board.

Tatum

Practically Family
I use Schwarzkopf Got 2b Defiant Pomade, easily found at Walgreen's. It washes out VERY easily, and doesn't look greasy. Keeps a lot of definition in my curls, smooths out frizz and all that good stuff.

Roxy

Familiar Face
Black Dahlia said:
This is sort of off topic..but related. What pomades do you use? Those that either have naturally curly hair, or who set their hair in curls. I've tried every product on the market practically re taming the frizz, yet keeping the curl: sprays, anti-frizz serums, etc. Would pomade help?

X
BD

This thread might help.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=46596&highlight=pomade

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Tatum said:
I use Schwarzkopf Got 2b Defiant Pomade, easily found at Walgreen's. It washes out VERY easily, and doesn't look greasy. Keeps a lot of definition in my curls, smooths out frizz and all that good stuff.

I bought this yesterday, will try it out tonight. Thank you for the recommendation.

X,
BD

crwritt

One Too Many
Black Dahlia said:

X
BD

This is not a suggestion for pomade, but I thought I'd pass on a new thing (for me) that works beautifully to combat frizz.
I've been doing steam conditioning treatments. What you need are: two turban twist towels, two plastic caps or plastic grocery bags, conditioner ( I used a mixture of Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition (dark green bottle) and a Walgreen's knockoff of Biolage hydrating Conditioning Balm), bonnet hair dryer.
Wash your hair, towel dry, apply a generous amount of conditioner. Wet and wring out the towels, microwave for 5 minutes, wrap your head first in one hot towel, then a plastic cap, second towel, second plastic cap. Now sit under the dryer for 20 minutes.
Rinse with cool water, style as desired. In my case I have natural curls, so I
just scrunch in some Hair gel and arrange my hair then sit back under the dryer for 15 min. or so.
I have also tried steam setting my hair:
Set dry hair in pin curls or rollers using a little gel. Apply a dampened heated turban towel and plastic cap, sit under the dryer a few minutes. Remove the towel and continue to dry.
I have to experiment with this method a little more, but so far it is resulting in soft, well moisturized hair that is not as prone to frizzing.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
crwritt said:
This is not a suggestion for pomade, but I thought I'd pass on a new thing (for me) that works beautifully to combat frizz.
I've been doing steam conditioning treatments. What you need are: two turban twist towels, two plastic caps or plastic grocery bags, conditioner ( I used a mixture of Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition (dark green bottle) and a Walgreen's knockoff of Biolage hydrating Conditioning Balm), bonnet hair dryer.
Wash your hair, towel dry, apply a generous amount of conditioner. Wet and wring out the towels, microwave for 5 minutes, wrap your head first in one hot towel, then a plastic cap, second towel, second plastic cap. Now sit under the dryer for 20 minutes.
Rinse with cool water, style as desired. In my case I have natural curls, so I
just scrunch in some Hair gel and arrange my hair then sit back under the dryer for 15 min. or so.
I have also tried steam setting my hair:
Set dry hair in pin curls or rollers using a little gel. Apply a dampened heated turban towel and plastic cap, sit under the dryer a few minutes. Remove the towel and continue to dry.
I have to experiment with this method a little more, but so far it is resulting in soft, well moisturized hair that is not as prone to frizzing.

I may have to give both of these procedures a whirl! Thanks for the advice.

Tatum, I used it last night and LOVE it! I put it in wet and let my natural curls dry, looked amazing, my hair was super soft..and I love the smell of the product!

X
BD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran