Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost City Panama Hats

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Some of the hats from the Andy Garcia film The Lost City. Set in Havana in 1958-59. There's a lot to like in this film for hat lovers.

3panamas.jpg
optimo1.jpg
BIGPanama.jpg
Plantation.jpg
panama1.jpg

Dick Tracy

New in Town
I love Bill Murray's hat and also Lansky's gunsel's hat (both the panama and felt). Those are my favorite. Still, there are plenty of other beauties.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gambler/Plantation hat

I am seriously working up to getting a Gambler hat (the very wide brimmed hat) as shown in the movie stills!!! Just love it.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I'm glad it seems to be a hit around here.

Shreck 3: plays in every little berg in the USA. 2 hours of fart jokes.

The Lost City: Almost straight to DVD. A compelling look at the lives of those who were present at an historic turning point.

[huh]

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Thanks

Dear Scotrace,

It is always a good idea to get hats 'style-guides' as a source (from films, websites, fellow loungers orders) of inspiration for one's future orders.
Hat photos with wearers can easily help one to decide which style goes with one's heads and physique.
The Montectristi are all perfect but us.

Thank you for your own 'modeling' here - not only to Scotrace.
It helps a lot in deciding.

Regards.

PS. Maybe I am not alone with the wish to see our gorgeous FL ladies -who are all perfect- wearing their Panamas in a thread here.
Gents, let them steal the show!

Kind Bartenders-you seem to be armed with the know-how to handle such 'Gunpowder-room' higly explosive threads.

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
Thanks for sharing these pictures scotrace! I like the hats in the top photo and the second photo the best. Any suggestions where I could get something like that for under $100? :eek:

Steve

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Panamas and Cuba

I have a Gambler but I generally wet it and tip the brim the otherway over to make it a very wide brim Fedora style.

Thanks Scotty for that film which I will look for now. How old is it?

The other film that Lounge Lizards would like is the film about the Cuban trumpet player...whatisname???? Friend of Dizzy who got him out....Ah yes Arturo Sandoval... with a name like that you would have to be a winner no es verdad?

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Thanks Scot!!!

That just moved to the top of my list also. I dont follow Hollywood film releases very close. A personal recomendation is always good!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran