Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Bedford

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Hard to say from the pics. I go towards the peacoat of the two. You've got grey hair so the black would look great. How many of your new jackets are black and brown? I've lost track ;)

Butte,

I'm sorta leaning towards the Peacoat as well.

To answer your question, most are Brown (the Irvin, the Oil Driller, the BK is dark seal and the GW, when it arrives is dark seal). The only black is the Aero 1930s Half Belt.

And yes I have gone grey as the wife is quick to point out, lol.

Dave

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Last week I pulled the trigger and ordered a peacoat in black goatskin, I have a 30s HB from Aero and didn't want something so stiff and heavy for a coat.
It will be my first back jacket ;)

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Last week I pulled the trigger and ordered a peacoat in black goatskin, I have a 30s HB from Aero and didn't want something so stiff and heavy for a coat.
It will be my first back jacket ;)

SpeedRcrX,

Congrats! Please post pics especially with you in the coat when it arrives.

Just out of curiosity, did you look at the Bedford?

Dave

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Thanks!

As usual you've been extremely helpful.

The nice thing about the Peacoat, I can wear it with a suit as well.

Dave

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
SpeedRcrX,

Congrats! Please post pics especially with you in the coat when it arrives.

Just out of curiosity, did you look at the Bedford?

Dave

No I didn't look into this model, the Bedford is too mannish for me. The peacoat can be close either way so it can be an unisex coat.

Plus I always have a thing for USN peacoat I have one from WWII and Lost Worlds peacoat is a beautiful repro of this coat

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
No I didn't look into this model, the Bedford is too mannish for me. The peacoat can be close either way so it can be an unisex coat.

Plus I always have a thing for USN peacoat I have one from WWII and Lost Worlds peacoat is a beautiful repro of this coat

Thanks for the reply. Please post pics when it arrives, dying to see people in them.

I'm going to pull the trigger on the Black leather Peacoat.

Thanks,

Dave

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Stuart at LW is well known for being somewhat.... eccentric (check out his rants on the website wherein he rages against what I can only assume is actually most of his own likely market, which is a strange choice of selling tactic!)

I thought that too. All for a bit of 'personal stamp' but there is a point where you start cutting off your nose to spite your face. As far as the jackets go, the peacoat in black looks a bit special - really like the contrasting buttons.

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Dave,
Yes, the Peacoat is gorgeous! But I gotta' say, the russet one is "off the hook"! But then, I sorta' gravitate to that color.

Brian

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
OK so I just pulled the trigger on the Lost Worlds Black FQHH Peacoat.

Thanks to all who helped, especially he who shall not be named, lol just kidding (Butte), thanks to Butte, Van, Racer, it's like a friggin Emmy Award....

Will post pics when it arrives.

BTW, my ELC B-6 is up for sale on eBay.

Dave

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
@saucerfriend: you are right the russet is outstanding, but I have enough brown jackets, and as Butte (and my wife) has observantly pointed out, with my greying hair, the Black will look better.

Dave

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Hey Butte,

Thanks, they said about 3 to 4 weeks for Lost Worlds Peacoat. Will definitely post pics as soon as it arrives.

Thanks for all your help.

Dave

nabottle

A-List Customer
Dave, post some pics when you get it. I have a LW Black Peacoat in 4 1/2 oz. Mine took about 2 weeks to get back in the beginning of September, I believe. It is like armor. I've been wearing it every day in the house to slowly get it broken in before I head north for the holidays. Living in FL isn't great for being able to wear this sort of jacket, but everyone who's seen it, love's it! Congratulations on yours!

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Dave, post some pics when you get it. I have a LW Black Peacoat in 4 1/2 oz. Mine took about 2 weeks to get back in the beginning of September, I believe. It is like armor. I've been wearing it every day in the house to slowly get it broken in before I head north for the holidays. Living in FL isn't great for being able to wear this sort of jacket, but everyone who's seen it, love's it! Congratulations on yours!

Yours in fact was one of the prime motivating factors caching my eye. I kept going back to your post to see the pics of your jacket. 4.5 oz of FQHH all I can say is WOW! Man that's heavy. I ordered mine in a little bit over 3oz FQHH in black because I was concerned about being able to button it up prior to. Break in.

I will definitely post pics when it arrives.

Thanks,

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy