Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost World's is having a sale...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I don't think he's being literal with his diatribes. Most of his spiels I find humorous/tongue in cheek. However, I think the parts of masked homophobia (I hope he understands how his comments could be received) are incredibly off putting, and just plain jane wrong. Nothing wrong with having personal views. But that stuff doesn't belong on a website that does business with the public.

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
I bought a jacket from LW, and asked him to add a little to the length of the body and the sleeves. Stu was no problem at all to deal with. So.....
I have to wonder, how much of the website stuff is kind of like 'for show', you know? Kind of like LW's 'brand identity'?

But a website is the public face of any company … so it's the first impression I made and, rightly or wrongly, it's remained.
But I'm very glad to hear that he's better in person and you had a good experience … that's encouraging to hear. Thx.

Stand By

One Too Many
I don't think he's being literal with his diatribes. Most of his spiels I find humorous/tongue in cheek. However, I think the parts of masked homophobia (I hope he understands how his comments could be received) are incredibly off putting, and just plain jane wrong. Nothing wrong with having personal views. But that stuff doesn't belong on a website that does business with the public.

I agree, Nick. It's amusing and, as I said, he makes various points I'd agree with to a degree, but that stuff that belongs on a blog (and that'd be fine. It's a free cosmos) - and it starts to feel unprofessional to me, as it goes on and on stops being about the jacket above his text.

mihai

A-List Customer
Just received today the ordered jacket: LW B-2 in russet HH, size 42, repro brass talon.
The jacket is amazing/impressive as usual for LW jackets. Thick hide, nice alpaca lining, huge collar (bit higher than b-3 covers my head almost completely).

For sizing reference I wear the mil spec G-1 jacket in size 42 also. This LW B-2 is rather fitted however it still offers a bit of space for minimal layering. It is not skin tight to restrict my movement. Of course once the leather gets less rigid :). If somebody needs further references/measurements let me know.

The ordering process went smooth. I exchanged a few emails with Stuart, to make sure I order the right thing. He provided a perfect customer service with polite/comprehensive replies. The production took about 1 week and the shipping another 1.
Overall a nice product/experience, it worth the price I paid (jacket + shipping + a hefty 20% custom tax).

I'll post pictures in the following days.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Really looking forward to seeing your jacket. I have a B-2 as well and it's about as warm a jacket as I could possibly need. It doesn't get cold enough in Tennessee for an ANJ-4 but if it did Lost Worlds would be top on my list. I currently own 8 Lost Worlds jackets and everyone competes to be the best I have ever owned. Semantics aside Stuart is the best craftsman I have ever worked with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats