Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Ryder: Just Arrived!

WalkingBoy

Familiar Face
Love the jacket ToddV. I wanted to ask about the colour of the horsehide. I'm curious because you say it's a russet. Would you say it's more of a orange-yellow base or reddish like most horsehide you hear about. From the photos it looks more orange in tone, which is beautiful, and you don't see it much. It reminds me of the horsehide from the 30's and 40's which I've seen on some jackets.
I'm planning to get a custom Grizzly made, but haven't decided on Aero or Lost Worlds. I'm looking to have it in a Mid-brown Horsehide that's not so reddish in tone. What do you think?
cheers

Todd V

Familiar Face
I would say that the photos on the LW website are color accurate -- the first photo especially. The photo of the jacket's back has a bit more light and brings out the reddish-tone. Perhaps the color changes over time but, for now, mine is brown like a milk-chocolate bar. It is much less red than my Alden 405 boots.

elrockers

New in Town
jan:
when you have a chance, could you please post pics of your HB the way it looks now? i would like to see how far up the sleeves went. thank you kindly.

todd v.:
nice jacket. please do a follow up a few months from now for us to see how the jacket settles in. peace.

jeo

One Too Many
Hey Todd, the jacket looks great on you! I'm sure it will just look better and better w/ age! Would you mind posting more pics when its broken in a little?

I've been contemplating getting a classic, clean and simple HB in a nice, thick brown leather and was looking at the Aero Highwayman or the LW Ryder, and this thread was a big influence on my decision to go w/ the LW ryder! That and the fact that its on sale for less then half the price! :) So mine is a 34 (I'm a skinny 5"4), and I'm very happy with it. The only complaint I have is w/ the large sleeves as some people pointed out already. When looking at the jacket, the overall silhouette seems a little out of proportion. They seem to have settled a little and don't look as odd or bulky when it was new. I still wish the sleeves were just a little slimmer/tapered, as w/ the back of the shoulders which seem to have a bit more room, creating sort of "blocky" shoulders. However I'm sure w/ time and wear they will form around my body and will look great, besides, even the thought of getting this jacket altered is a travesty!

Heres a pic of me in my LW Ryder:
Me.jpg

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Welcome to FLounge, Jeo, and congrats on Ryder (and a really great deal). Looks good on you... just give plenty of wear and tear and it will look and fit even better.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Hey Todd, the jacket looks great on you! I'm sure it will just look better and better w/ age! Would you mind posting more pics when its broken in a little?

I've been contemplating getting a classic, clean and simple HB in a nice, thick brown leather and was looking at the Aero Highwayman or the LW Ryder, and this thread was a big influence on my decision to go w/ the LW ryder! That and the fact that its on sale for less then half the price! :) So mine is a 34 (I'm a skinny 5"4), and I'm very happy with it. The only complaint I have is w/ the large sleeves as some people pointed out already. When looking at the jacket, the overall silhouette seems a little out of proportion. They seem to have settled a little and don't look as odd or bulky when it was new. I still wish the sleeves were just a little slimmer/tapered, as w/ the back of the shoulders which seem to have a bit more room, creating sort of "blocky" shoulders. However I'm sure w/ time and wear they will form around my body and will look great, besides, even the thought of getting this jacket altered is a travesty!

Heres a pic of me in my LW Ryder:
Me.jpg

Hey Jeo:

Those sleeves look great! That's a damn fine looking jacket on you.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I picked up one of the sale LW Ryder also (size 40 in Russet HH for $399 delivered). Just delivered today. Stunning quality. Probably what most of you guys are used to, but my first leather jacket and way better than anything I've ever seen in a department store. The fit is perfect - he said it fits slim and it does. I'll try and get some pics up later.

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Congratulations, Grayland! For your 1st leather jacket, you really did start at the top... very, very few manufacturers can match LW quality, and I've never seen a jacket from ANYONE that exceeds them. And that price is a steal. Please do post photos when you are able.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations, Grayland! For your 1st leather jacket, you really did start at the top... very, very few manufacturers can match LW quality, and I've never seen a jacket from ANYONE that exceeds them. And that price is a steal. Please do post photos when you are able.

Thanks. I learned of this site from StyleForum and had no clue of the quality of leather jackets available. I love the Aero jackets, but also checked out LW. In looking through their site, I liked the Ryder the best and when I saw my size Ryder in the sale section, I had to pounce on it. It's "only" 3-oz HH instead of the usual 4-oz, but, jeez, I can't imagine the weight of the 4-oz. I'm telling myself that this is my only leather jacket, but I have a feeling a lot of you said the same thing at one time, huh?

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
I'm telling myself that this is my only leather jacket, but I have a feeling a lot of you said the same thing at one time, huh?

LOL. Four jackets later, your wife will be telling you, "That is you LAST leather jacket!". A dozen jackets after that, you'll start telling yourself, "OK, this is my LAST leather jacket." You'll both be wrong, of course...

Todd V

Familiar Face
Update on the way!

Good work on the Ryder purchases everyone. My Ryder is now a bit more than two months old. It is breaking in well, the grain is coming out but there is a still a ways to go in that department.

As soon as I can find someone to take photos in the daylight, I'll post an update.

jeo

One Too Many
@ TheSnark, oneterrifichog & too much coffee

Thanks so much, appreciate it.

@ Todd V - awesome, can't wait to see.

Tadite

Familiar Face
Not to hijack the tread but I'm wondering if anyone has a Ryder in a 42R? If so could you do a quick measurement for me? I've put getting a Lost Worlds HH jacket on my to do list but am having a bit of difficulty figuring out sizing!

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
UPDATE: I didn't realize the posts go back two months. Okay, I eat my words. Shows how much I know. . .

---------------------------------
I'm not as much of an expert as these other pro's, but I would say that Lost Worlds is TOO BIG. I doubt that bulge will totally go down in the back because you need to cinch it up so tightly in order to get it to fit. The shoulders are off and the bottom sticks out. You are a slim guy. You deserve a coat that fits. Take it from a guy who needs to lose a few. I would love to be as thin as you. There's no such thing as a "good deal" on a coat that does not fit. Just my three cents. Sorry if I'm being too blunt.

JanSolo: That is the exact jacket I was thinking of ordering from Aero. Looks great on you, buddy! Perfect fit! Killer jacket. Killer. I was thinking of getting one in a bi-swing back so I can ride my MC and get a little more range of motion. Do you ride? If so, how is it on the bike? That's a funny link you've got. A little humor on this site goes a long way. Coats are meant to be fun! It's all about fun and good times. All of these people who have money to burn on cool as hell jackets deserve to enjoy life to the fullest. We are all fortunate in these tough times!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo