Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Suburban On A Bike?

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
Hello,

I'm looking to buy either an Aero Highwayman or a Lost Worlds Suburban. I was curious to those of you who ride how are these jackets on the bike? Is sleeve length appropriate, is the fit slim or loose etc...?

I want a jacket I can wear on or off the bike that's why I like the style of the highwayman or the suburban. Thanks for any info you can give me.

dash69

Familiar Face
The suburban i own did very well in the 40 degree range,i was impressed to say the least.Didn't think it would,but after getting it soaked in the rain a bunch it seem to be breaking in enough to ride without any issue's.You might want to get a good pair of gauntlet riding glove's if you don't have them.Off the scoot,well you probably know about the jacket...win/win.There (lw's)suburban is great...with a little bit of wearing.

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the feedback, I had a Legendary HH cafe racer jacket and I thought I liked the style but turns out I didn't. I just don't think it fits me, I don't have that European slender physique that seem to suit the cafe style jacket. I lift weights so I'm more short and stocky than long and lean.

I've been eyeing eBay for some time for a LW Suburban but I can't seem to ever find one (I guess that's a good endorsement). I am refinancing my home loan to take advantage of these low interest rates so I 'may' take the plunge on a new one since I'll have some expendable cash. Before I did I wanted to make sure they're not super-long or plain a poor choice for on the bike. I prefer to buy American over something from the UK.

Also any issues with the collars in the wind? I asked and he said they do not snap down. Is the fit true to size?

And lastly has anyone purchased the LW Ryder? Looks like their half belt, not sure if this suitable for a motorycle jacket.

http://www.lostworldsinc.com/Leather_Motorcycle_Jacket_Ryder.htm

Last edited:

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the feedback, I had a Legendary HH cafe racer jacket and I thought I liked the style but turns out I didn't. I just don't think it fits me, I don't have that European slender physique that seem to suit the cafe style jacket. I lift weights so I'm more short and stocky than long and lean.

I've been eyeing eBay for some time for a LW Suburban but I can't seem to ever find one (I guess that's a good endorsement). I am refinancing my home loan to take advantage of these low interest rates so I 'may' take the plunge on a new one since I'll have some expendable cash. Before I did I wanted to make sure they're not super-long or plain a poor choice for on the bike. I prefer to buy American over something from the UK.

Also any issues with the collars in the wind? I asked and he said they do not snap down. Is the fit true to size?

And lastly has anyone purchased the LW Ryder? Looks like their half belt, not sure if this suitable for a motorycle jacket.

http://www.lostworldsinc.com/Leather_Motorcycle_Jacket_Ryder.htm

I have both the Suburban and the Ryder.
Base in your physique description of yourself the Suburban will be a good MC jacket, assuming that you choose HH.Even that it does not have any action back or bi swing, still it's not rolling up when you are riding a motorcycle.Tell Stuart to add zippers to the lower outside pockets. There is no issues with the collar in the wind either.
About the Ryder you can use it to ride a bike but quite frankly it's a half belt 30's jacket with knits, no sleeves zippers, a casual jacket.

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
I have both the Suburban and the Ryder.
Base in your physique description of yourself the Suburban will be a good MC jacket, assuming that you choose HH.Even that it does not have any action back or bi swing, still it's not rolling up when you are riding a motorcycle.Tell Stuart to add zippers to the lower outside pockets. There is no issues with the collar in the wind either.
About the Ryder you can use it to ride a bike but quite frankly it's a half belt 30's jacket with knits, no sleeves zippers, a casual jacket.

Great, thank you, this helps a lot. I'll give the suburban a shot, if it doesn't work on the bike I'll just pick up a used Perfecto and wear the suburban around, my last one was my most comfortable riding jacket until it shrunk on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot