Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

The Prince says Good Afternoon.

CAM070591_zpstwlwmeug.jpg

CAM070581_zpsfncezvow.jpg

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

It's hotter than blue blazes here today, so after finishing working in the garden this morning I sat down on the porch to take a rest. Up to me walks the old dog and says, "You haven't taken me anywhere in a while."

So I say to the old dog, "Well, just where do you want to go?"

"Why, to Paddy's Creek where I can cool off a bit, of course" said the old dog.

Well, when your old dog starts talking to you (and making sense), it's time to listen. We spent the next couple hours walking along the banks of the creek with our feet in the cool water. That old dog is smarter than I thought. ;)

jp, does your heeler overheat when playing? Mines so obsessive he does everything wide open and heats up quickly, then the Pitt comes out of him and he's slobbering everywhere.

Heelers are hunters as well as herders. :p My other Heeler had a HUGE body count for rats, birds, opossums and even some money from a would be robber. lol lol

When the dogs are out hunting, chasing birds, squirrels or whatever, they're all barking and raising hell, he never utters a peep.

When the dogs are out hunting, chasing birds, squirrels or whatever, they're all barking and raising hell, he never utters a peep.

That is how they catch things so easily. They sneak in and nail them. My old Heeler would see an opossum walking on the fence and just rush the fence silently. She would hit the fence; knock it off and then finish it off. :p Good Dog! Have some bacon. :p She lived to be 17. That breed impressed me enough to get another one---who is extremely similar in actions and modus operendi. :p I guess they have the breed so well locked in now that they have very similar characteristics right down to personality. Fortunately they slow down slightly---after they get to be ten. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters