Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
We have a new addition to the family! Meet Blitz (short for Blitzkrieg), half-lab and half-border collie. This is my daughter's puppy. She's 16 and never had a puppy that was "hers." So we decided it was time. Well, my husband and her decided it was time - I wasn't so sure! It's been about 7 years since we've had dogs, so this will be quite a change for our household. My three cats are not entirely sure they approve. Blitz is 8 weeks old.

blitz_zpsayst5v0z.jpg

We have a new addition to the family! Meet Blitz (short for Blitzkrieg), half-lab and half-border collie. This is my daughter's puppy. She's 16 and never had a puppy that was "hers." So we decided it was time. Well, my husband and her decided it was time - I wasn't so sure! It's been about 7 years since we've had dogs, so this will be quite a change for our household. My three cats are not entirely sure they approve. Blitz is 8 weeks old.

blitz_zpsayst5v0z.jpg

Just caught this one. First, congratulations, Blitz is a great looking fella with a great WWII-inspried name (well done). And, yes, the, um, er, uh, how shall we say this, oh yeah, chaos factor should be increasing in a fun and loving way in the Amateis household.

So it's been a week or so - how are the three cats enjoying their new playmate - and how's the new playmate like it as well?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Just caught this one. First, congratulations, Blitz is a great looking fella with a great WWII-inspried name (well done). And, yes, the, um, er, uh, how shall we say this, oh yeah, chaos factor should be increasing in a fun and loving way in the Amateis household.

So it's been a week or so - how are the three cats enjoying their new playmate - and how's the new playmate like it as well?

Well, it's been, shall we say, interesting. (And my daughter came up with the name...proud of her! :)).

The oldest cat, Kathryn, could really care less about the puppy. The other two are not so sure. They've been keeping a very close eye on him.

He's a smart dog and has caught on very quickly to things like walking with a leash, going outside to "do his business,", and getting used to staying in the backyard. He's also found ways to escape the backyard! Ha! Yesterday my husband left for work and forgot his lunch, so went back to the house and Blitz was sitting on the front step, having found a way out of the backyard.

He's fitting into the family pretty well. And despite my occasional grumpiness with him (I do not have the health or energy to deal with a puppy and a puppy's messes - been there, done that FAR too many times in my life), he's won my heart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass