Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

MCPRE

Familiar Face
KilroyCD said:
Well, Cocoa is still waiting to find out if he's going to get a new friend (and so am I). However, he's getting a bit bored awaiting the outcome...
Don't wait too long Kilroy, even though I swore I would never have 2 dogs again I wish I would have gotten Rosie a mate sooner. The pup is almost too much for her and relentlessly picks on her but they are two peas in a pod! I wished she could play with her a little more evenly matched, the pup knows to stay away from those jaws though!
4134049628_14a4f37020.jpg

4133286305_1c2261f79d_b.jpg

p51

One Too Many
I encountered a dachshund today while entering a convenience store. A older couple had a red mini female. She looked up at me, wagged her tail and rolled over for me to scratch her tummy. I asked the shocked parents of the pup for permission to oblige. The pup loved it. Afterwards, they just stood there in shock, the wife finally said, “She is such a snippy dog normally, she never does that for anyone but us!” Clearly, pups can tell when someone really likes pooches because I’ve had this reaction plenty of times.
John in Covina said:
amaxnov09.jpg
He is a big love bug and full of kisses for every one.
Too cute!
AngryNJ said:
“Look deep into my eyes… You will bring me food. Lots of food. And toys…”

Tomasso said:
Kittens are right up there. ;)

yep - I'd have to call that a tie. different but same cuteness factor...at least for me.

And speaking of the feline species, here are a couple shots I took of the stray kitty that turned up at my neighbor's house. They are away on vacation and she came the day before they left, so I am feeding her as well as watering the plants.

She is a petite little thing and hasn't got her claws!! Somehow (I dare not think about it) she got stranded in the desert with no way to hunt or defend herself :rage: <----this is one of the few times you will see me like this.

But the happy news is that she is being looked after. She is all skin and bones, but I am fattening her up. She is definitely a house kitty because she wants in and climbs up in my lap and cuddles and just begs for affection.

It was hard to get her to look at the camera, because she is so busy eating...

100_1523.jpg

100_1524.jpg

100_1517.jpg

I have a feeling she will be whisked inside for a bath and a christening when the neighbors get back :)

cptjeff

Practically Family
She may not want to go to your neighbors. I think you've just been adopted.

Anyway, our pets:

The cat, Ethel.
scan0049-1.jpg

And our dog, Carson.

Christmaspics008.jpg

Relations between them are interesting. Carson loves the cat, but the cat wants nothing to do with her. Makes for some interesting moments when the cat gets bored and decides to use the dog for cheap entertainment.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
After eighteen good years of prowling my neighborhood at night, sleeping in the sun on my porch during the day, catching field mice across the road and sitting in the swing with me, listening while I played guitar...

...Captain passed away Friday night.

He was the best cat I've ever known, and he had a long, good life. He loved music and Jackie once said that if Captain had thumbs, he would probably be able to hold up a J-50 better than me. I'll bet he's got his thumbs, now.

carolinagame033-2.jpg

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn