Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

MCPRE

Familiar Face
Thats one of the benefits of having a small dog, you just let them on the couch!
I dont think wieners shed much either. My wife has me talked into a smaller dog next time, I have my eyes on a Coton de Tulear/Shih-tzu, a very small hybrid, this little guy is adorable.
4595_1.jpg

Miss Bunny

New in Town
Thank you! She's a goofball! Her name is Coco and she is three years old. We adopted her from our local humane society two years ago (she was my Valentine's gift). I think she's part chihuahua, part min-pin, and possibly part piglet! lol

MCPRE

Familiar Face
She is a happy lil gal! Maybe part yoda.:D Sometimes my Rosie's ears stick straight out like that. My Roxie in her old age SMELLS, her underside gets sweaty and stinks her bed up something awful, I have to be on top of it constantly.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Miss Bunny said:
Here's my little one... I have no idea what mix she is. She is something else! :)

coco.jpg

Your part piglet (as you say ) and part chihuahua is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ohhhhhhhhhhh.... Miss Piggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
Here is my cat,Alley(the alley cat!).I found her as starving kitten in the alley behind my place.These pics were taken several months ago.

She`s a great companion for me.

Alley%202009-2010

Alley%202009-2010

Alley%202009-2010

You guys have some fine looking pets!
HMH

PrairieSunrise

Familiar Face
Here's my pup Hobo. He's a full mutt, his Mom being a mixture of golden lab/bull dog/unknown, and his Dad being a Golden Doodle (apparently it's an official breed mix between golden retrievers and poodles)

He's nearly two years old now.

84b16571-1.jpg

acbb4a2e.jpg

He was staring at my cat, Remy, 13-14 years old. He knows better than to get close to her.

076d9b96.jpg

Neither of them are indoor pets, but seeing as we've got 18"+ of snow outside, I let them spend the night in my room.

MCPRE

Familiar Face
Your dog Hobo's high rear end is typical of the old world Bulldog.
He kind of looks like a Rhode Island Ridgeback. Make that a Rhodesian Ridgeback.

PrairieSunrise

Familiar Face
MCPRE said:
Your dog Hobo's high rear end is typical of the old world Bulldog.
He kind of looks like a Rhode Island Ridgeback.

Oh, that's nice to know. I've wondered why he had that! We've had other labs (what most people think he is) and none of them had it.

His Mom sits just like a bull dog... all flopped to one side, but he doesn't so it as much.

MCPRE

Familiar Face
My older dog is an American Bulldog, big sweetie, she is such a good dog, everyone loves her. I believe the Old World Bulldog had some Greyhound in their bloodline, hence the high haunches.
My adoptee - Rosie (pin-head), can run like the wind!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up

MCPRE

Familiar Face
"I really don't see the point of having some huge,cumbersome dog as a pet"

Ummm, to each his own.:D

Does wonders for home protection and companionship.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Fletch said:
Owners talk about their prize cats in this Pathé clip circa 1930.

"She is Siamese, and she is exceedingly annoyed at the present moment." NOM

Those cats did not look pleased with the proceedings

Here is my own cat. He is mostly (we think) Maine Coon, and is, as a result, gigantic.
becanwithbird.jpg

How he caught the bird in all the white snow is beyond me.

cptjeff

Practically Family
Yeps said:

Here is my own cat. He is mostly (we think) Maine Coon, and is, as a result, gigantic.

Cats are resourceful at catching things. And it may have been something simple. Our cat used to love the birdfeeder, for example. Seed would drop, birds would fly down to pick it up, cat gets free meal. She wouldn't even hide- she would just lay on the rail 2 feet below the feeder. (That resulted in moving the feeder BTW- cat still gets snacks, but not nearly as many).

Birds are not the smartest of creatures, and cats like their snacks. Pretty simple really, you have a pocket size member of the family that is the dominant predator in most of the world's ecosystems, it will find things to snack on in the yard.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Yeps said:
Those were the days when cats were cats, all right. One of the owners says her Persian Blue - a show champion - is "very fond of ratting!"

becanwithbird.jpg

More pix of your cat plz!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace