Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Jessica Reinard

Familiar Face
This is Mo, he's part chihuahua part jack russell and about 14 almost 15 years old.

An unwanted christmas present. Abused and abandoned. We found him when I was five tied up with rope on a country road in the pitch black.

He's been mine ever since and means more to me than words.

1035470280_l.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
'Tilla in his element.
Tillainhiselement.jpg
My longhair kitty likes to be upside down too. Then I can skatch her under the chin, which she loooves. Just don't pet her tummy or she'll go for your pettin' hand with all available sharp implements.

I have no pic of this, but sometimes Kitty F licks her back leg by grabbing it with both front paws and holding it up in the air. She looks like a dog when she does it. Does anyone else's kitty cat do this?

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
Jessica - I'll never be able to understand how people can be so cruel, he was so lucky that your family took him in. He's a real cutie though, how could anyone abandon him?!

Jessica Reinard

Familiar Face
Lola Valentine said:
Jessica - I'll never be able to understand how people can be so cruel, he was so lucky that your family took him in. He's a real cutie though, how could anyone abandon him?!

We couldn't not. Whoever had had him, didn't deserve him.

He had badly bruised ribs, a cracked nose and a ciggarette burn on his neck. I just don't get it. He's so well natured, full of life and amazing with young children. He's still at home so I miss him alot.

Your boxer Al is adorable. How old is he?

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
Introducing: Squirt the Dog

Hey Lola -- Al is a very regal looking fellow. Great looking dog ya got there.

Here's Squirt -- a mix of many dogs of, I'm sure, impressive ancestory. ;) In this picture she's showing you all what a tasty nose she has, and is begging me for a grooming, which she'll get tomorrow.

When she was a puppy she fit into the palm of my hand and had a bit of a nervous piddling problem, thus the name.

I'm partial to Golden Retrievers (lost mine last year after 13 years), but Squirt here has grown on me.

June9pictures004.jpg

Steve

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
Jessica, that's so awful. People who do those sorts of things to animals should be locked away. It's amazing how dogs can still remain as friendly as ever, regardless of what they've been through. They could certainly teach the human race a thing or two about loyalty & forgiveness.

Al's just turned two years old, & whilst he may look regal & dignified in those pics, don't let that fool you. He can often be found hanging from the branches of trees by his mouth, whilst out on walks, or if at home, when he isn't trying to maul my dad, he has a habit of sitting & staring up at the fire alarm on my ceiling, which he has just noticed is there after living with me for two years. He often barks & jumps at it too. Boxers! [huh]

Steve, Squirt is a sweetie! That's a big tongue!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Fletch said:
My longhair kitty likes to be upside down too. Then I can skatch her under the chin, which she loooves. Just don't pet her tummy or she'll go for your pettin' hand with all available sharp implements.

I have no pic of this, but sometimes Kitty F licks her back leg by grabbing it with both front paws and holding it up in the air. She looks like a dog when she does it. Does anyone else's kitty cat do this?

'Tilla loves having his tummy skritched. It starts him purring full-throtle. Skritch too hard, though, and you're begging to keep your hand. When that happens, I remind myself that four of his five ends are pointy, and ease myself away.

I've never had a cat hold it's leg up, but the late Jane Doe used to jump from rafter to rafter in my old place. I was always amazed that she never dove into the ceiling fan.

Lee

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Jessica Reinard said:
This is Mo, he's part chihuahua part jack russell and about 14 almost 15 years old.

An unwanted christmas present. Abused and abandoned. We found him when I was five tied up with rope on a country road in the pitch black.

He's been mine ever since and means more to me than words.

1035470280_l.jpg

Mo is adorable, he was fortunate to have you find him. I must say I have a few tears on my cheeks when I read the condition in which you found him. I don't understand how anyone can be so cruel. I can't watch those shows on Animal Planet as I become almost hysterical.

Canadave

One Too Many
Jessica Reinard said:
...He's been mine ever since and means more to me than words.

1035470280_l.jpg

You can tell by that face that your treatment of him all these years has erased those bad memories for him. Unfortunately, you still remember. :(

David

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh my, this thread is totally making me want to go out and get another dog. It's been a little over a year since the passing of Carmina, the worlds greatest dalmatian. I'm just not quite ready for another one yet.
Here's a picture of my Lily AKA:Clam bake (for her passion for any type of shellfish). She's modeling one of my vintage hats. Poor thing, the things we do to our pets!! She's a 30 pound British shorthair. She really is enormous. She snores louder than a certain guy I know:eek:

Rafter

Suspended
Lily looks a bit like a sailor gal in that hat.
She has the most beautiful eyes. Like two sparkling emeralds!

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks Rafter. She is the sweetest cat, except at 4am when she decides she just has to have love. She hurls her 30 pound body on my chest and head butts me until I give her some affection! But, I love her, she is so sweet. Anyone know where I can get a mini treadmill for a cat?? Anybody know about gastric bypass surgery for a cat. My poor Lily, she's so fat, when she sleeps flat on her back with her paws in the air she looks like bloated road kill:eek:

Rafter

Suspended
PastimeSteve said:
I'm partial to Golden Retrievers (lost mine last year after 13 years) but Squirt has grown on me.
My last dog was a Golden Retriever. Got an economical replacement, a Westie.
It also took a while for him to "grow on me".
Terry is super intelligent and eats much less than my Retriever.
Terry.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

goldwyn girl said:
I knew I spotted that mischief look :) :)

Wow Daisy, 30 pounds :eek: :eek: thats a big kitty. She's very pretty.

Yes, she's a really big cat!! She sounds like a bowling ball when she runs down the stairs:eek:
I know I should do something about it, but I can't get her to stop eating! It's all Hemingway Jone's fault. I went away for about a month, and when I had come home he had taught her how to beg like a dog. He thought it was so cool to have a cat that liked tortilla chips!! Now she eats everything in sight!!

Rafter, your pup is so regal looking!! Very handsome:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats