Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lucille Ball Double

koopkooper

Practically Family
Was watching the film Stagedoor from1937 starring Kate Hepburn and a very young Lucille Ball and I was struck by the fact that Lucille Ball and Debra Messing (Will and Grace) could be identical twins.
Incredible stuff. I did a google on Debra thinking they must be related but not the case. Has anyone else noticed this.

Feraud

Bartender
koopkooper said:
Was watching the film Stagedoor from1937 starring Kate Hepburn and a very young Lucille Ball and I was struck by the fact that Lucille Ball and Debra Messing (Will and Grace) could be identical twins.
Incredible stuff. I did a google on Debra thinking they must be related but not the case. Has anyone else noticed this.
Yep. I have noticed it before too. I think it is the nose..

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Yes, my mom and I have always thought she reminded us of Lucy. When I read the title of this thread (before opening it), I was thinking who could be a better Lucy double than Ms. Messing, but alas I found we're both in complete agreement.

Recently TVGuide had a cover with Reba McIntyre (country singer) doing a homeage as Lucy. But Reba didn't do Lucy the justice Debra Messing could have done to the cover.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you've never seen the Mad TV episode where the hugely talented Nicole Sullivan and another show regular did a remake of the candy factory in black and white you are missing a performance that captures Lucy's true essence and looks too.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Twitch said:
If you've never seen the Mad TV episode where the hugely talented Nicole Sullivan and another show regular did a remake of the candy factory in black and white you are missing a performance that captures Lucy's true essence and looks too.

That was hilarious! I also think that Debra Messing looks like Lucy, with a little Rita Hayworth thrown in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari