Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LW J23 I got off eBay

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
I picked up an "almost new" Lost Worlds J23 last weekend and thought I would share some photos. It's very unlikely I will ever use the belt, but it was sold as part off the jacket, so I included it in a couple of shots for anyone interested.

lwbucoj23backfull.jpg

lwbucoj23frontfulle.jpg

A few detail shots of collar, pocket, sleeves, etc...

lwbucoj23frontpocket.jpg

lwbucoj23frontcollar.jpg

lwbucoj23backlower.jpg

lwbucoj23backright.jpg

And finally, the money shots. The fit is pretty good, though the sleeves are about an inch short of my preference. The sleeves still ok for riding, though. The jacket length may look a bit short, too, but Bucos were cut this way.

lwbucoj23frontzipped3.jpg

lwbucoj23obliqueright.jpg

lwbucoj23sideleft.jpg

lwbucoj23backzipped.jpg

alfyman

One of the Regulars
I love this jacket, I was actually looking for one like this one for a few months but slowly stopped looking, Well I'm glad they are still out there.. ps. the Belt makes it a little more attractive.

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
I love this jacket, I was actually looking for one like this one for a few months but slowly stopped looking, Well I'm glad they are still out there.. ps. the Belt makes it a little more attractive.

Unfortunately, the scratches it would leave on the fuel tank are far more unattractive. And I've always thought a belt would just be annoying on a jacket, anyway, so I never use them. I avoid jacket designs with sewn-in belts for the same reasons, but some people clearly prefer belts... <shrug>

Aether

One of the Regulars
Lovely jacket. Other than the sleeve length the fit looks spot on. I agree about belts being annoying on bike jackets, but I think an MC jacket needs to have at least the provision for a belt or it looks a little too pedestrian (in the literal sense). That said I take the belts off for the same reasons as you! Anyway, very nice.

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Snark,
Saw this jacket for sale on the bay and although not my size checked out the photos cause I love the look of the LW Buco. Your photos make the jacket look even better than it was advertised! The horsehide looks amazing and looks built to last a lifetime. Other than the sleeve length it fits you well.. anyway that's what they make gauntlets for!! Enjoy.

holdemchamp1225

One of the Regulars
GREAT LW MC jacket!! I was contemplating about picking that EXACT jacket up myself but had reservations regarding the sleeve length and also it being a tad big in the chest. Could you give an exact chest measurement of this jacket and also the sleeve length? Just curious as the seller stated that it was a guesstimate.

Regardless, the jacket looks the NUTZ and the hide already looks amazing and will only get better.

Contact me if you ever wish to part with it!!

Cheers,

Bruce

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Beautiful jacket ..great fit ...tho sleeves short for bike...if you would care to share price ??

It was listed for auction, but also with a "Buy Now" price of $800US. I paid the Buy Now price, because I was pretty sure it wouldn't last long. There was a torn seam on the detachable wool collar, but that was easily repaired for $10 (already done in the photos).

I'll post requested measurements this evening.

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Could you give an exact chest measurement of this jacket and also the sleeve length? Just curious as the seller stated that it was a guesstimate.

We must have looked at different ads, or perhaps the ad was updated, because the ad I purchased from quoted exact measuments (definitely not guesstimate, I just rechecked the ad). Anyway, the shoulder measurement (at the top, from end-of-epaulet to end-of-epaulet) is 18.0 inches. Sleeve length is 23.5 inches (seller claimed 21 in. sleeve length, so I have no idea how she measured.)

The ad specified size 36 for the jacket. I usually wear 38R, but I'm really a 37, so occasionally I order down one size because I like a trim fit. There's no room for layering, but I expect the quilted lining will be warm enough for all except the half-dozen or so "winter storm" days in southern Arizona. As I said before, the sleeves are a bit short, but I use gauntlet-style gloves, anyway, so it's not a big deal for riding.

Edward

Bartender
Nice looking jacket! I've long loved the 'Brando' / Perfecto style, as well as the numerous variations thereon, such as the Buco D pocket. Lost worlds do a nice recreation of those. I too probably would dispense with the belt for daily wearing. In my case, not for riding reasons (I don't have a bike), but more because when I wear a leather jacket, 99% of the time I wear it open. I'd be wary of losing a belt from the jacket because of that. Not sure how tight they fit - all my experience to date has been with wearing jacket with attached, half-belts.

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
I will agree that some belted jackets have a nice look... but for me anyway, they're just not very practical.

And just for the record, my only association with LW is as a customer. Yeah, I know you were kidding, Coffee, but I thought I'd throw that in here, just for anyone wondering. And so far, I have not paid full price for any LW jacket... the Suburban (and everything else) was discounted this summer, the Roadhouse was (and still is) on the Sale page, etc.... But stay tuned; my miserly streak at LW is about to end... I'll present photographic evidence in a few weeks. I think I may soon need a dedicated Lost Worlds closet. :eek::D:cool:

apba1166

A-List Customer
Great jacket, Snark. I'm with you about the belt. But if you're working with LW/Stuart on something else, why not see if he'll take the belt loops off of this? Keep the rivet maybe to hide the hole.

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Great jacket, Snark. I'm with you about the belt. But if you're working with LW/Stuart on something else, why not see if he'll take the belt loops off of this? Keep the rivet maybe to hide the hole.

I really don't mind the belt loops... they're a great place to hook my thumbs when I'm hangin' on the corner, being cool... ;):cool:

Oddly enough, the original Bucos were sold with belt loops, but without a belt... the owners had to provide a belt from whatever source they chose. The "belts loops sans belt" look is arguably the most authentic, as many owners never bothered with, or chose not to acquire, a belt.

Last edited:

jon z

One of the Regulars
Just as well or if, like me you really couldn't live with them you'd end up selling the used one you bought from the bay & paying even more to have one custom made without them.

My 1st with belt loops bought used & then sold.

It's replacement without belt loops. I also took the opportunity to have the Mouton collar fasteners left off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart