Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

texasgirl said:
An encore of Season 2 starts March 8th!!! I had to take mine off the DVR- wish they'd make those hard drives bigger!
Not sure if your DVR's built like a TiVo, but some of 'em you can remove the hard drive, and from there it'd be a simple matter to connect it to a computer... not sure what formats they use, but from there you might be able to use something like DivX to convert it to the digital-video format of your choice.

Of course, they bank on you being in that kind of a bind to sell season-set DVD's... along with us who travel.

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
YES!!!

Mad Men is the Most Awesome Show Ever! Its extremely smart. I like the little mentions of WWII..the little subtle references to both wars actually, like Sterling's quote "3 on a match."

I remember when they gave Freddy Rumsen the boot and they are in the bar talking about WWII and how Freddy was in the Signal Corps and Sterling was Navy. Old camaraderie is rare these days.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MrBern said:
Production begins. Season3 due August, no word on the new season's timeframe.
Mathew Weiner confirms in this week's EW that next season is still taking place in the 60's. He also drops a minor spoiler about the paternity of Betty's baby.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2009/05/reader_mail_mad_men_castle_and.html

Alan says: Production on the third season started last week, and AMC says it will premiere sometime in August -- likely only a few weeks later than the comparable start of season two. It's still a long time to wait for more of Jon Hamm, Christina Hendricks and company, but I'll deal.

No word yet on when the new season will be set, but 1964 just seems too perfect. Not only would it keep up the timeframe that lapsed between the first two seasons (and allow the show to hit the end of the decade by the fifth season, which Matthew Weiner has said he'd like to be the end), but it would allow the show to do some British Invasion references at the same time that Sterling Cooper is dealing with its new British corporate overlords. Also, Weiner told me last year that he didn't really want to deal with the JFK assassination, as it's very well-trod territory.

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
MrBern said:
FYI full article in VARIETY:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118004745.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Seems the network wanted to cut two minutes from the show to add more adverts. This had drawn jeers & outrage. A solution will be for the show to run just past its timeslot, BUT there was concern that DVRs would not record the show properly. AMC has a technical solution.

lucky for us the BBC shows it over here so no ad breaks at all throughout it

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The season 2 box has cool packaging:
mad_men_season_2.jpg

But not as cool as season 1!
madmen_lighter.jpg

habberdasher

A-List Customer
Dalexs said:
I thought it was a bit disappointing compared to all the hype and good reviews. I think i was expecting more out of it.

It just seemd kinda flat storyline wise. I liked the overal look though.

I'll give it a chance, there's not much on during the week so I have nothing better to watch right now.

I like the loose plot, it's relaxing. I love the show though. It has so much style and portrays the social changes well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou