Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
A lot of changes in that decade which will see the death bell knell for many people and their class, their ethics, standards and values. For some it was a case of 'adapt or die.' Don is an adapter. He's a chameleon who will change his look and colour to suit his environment. As the environment of the world changes, so will he. Sadly, some of the people in MadMen, will not be able to adapt to the social revolution.

Spot on, Paddy!

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
after I watched s401 I was pretty miffed and disappointed, but the more I think on it.. I am kinda ok with it.

I guess I am more of a hopeless romantic and thought don and betty would work it out, but she is no remarried..so thats not very likely.
Its also weird that I didnt much care for don as the casanaova, take whatever he wants type.. but I dislike him more as a scared, confused, lost man losing everything.
I miss so many things from last season, but I am sure I will adapt to this one as it goes on. At least I hope. hehe

Young fogey

One of the Regulars
Good point about Don being an adapter. As much as I'd hate to see it, he may well change along with the times.

Actually I want to give Betty and Henry a chance, even though she and her daughter apparently hate each other, but I wonder if this 'Main Line brat' ever will be happy.

I didn't see 'Don loses his touch/derails/melts down' coming; it's a good storyline that makes sense. Losing his home base and, more important to him, his kids (for the most part) is affecting everything from his job to his 'game' with women. Let's see how long it lasts.

Good point, Wire9Vintage, about the Bettyesque blondes (the women he thinks he's supposed to like) vs the dark, down-to-earth women he really likes. Except for losing the kids, he'll be happier in the long run without Betts.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Betty sees Don...

...as a pigeon flying over her territory now. And we all know (those of us who follow the series) what she does with annoying pigeons...:eek:

I 'sort of' feel sorry for Henry actually. He seems a nice enough guy, but I don't think Betty is right for him and they will become miserable together, which is sad.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGuZY6NVXqU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGuZY6NVXqU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Mr Vim

One Too Many
They had a making of the first episode that debuted with the Itunes epsiode when downloaded and they discussed that in the first episode they focused on Draper having to cope with the fact he has to change his game with this new agency... its a free download on itunes and I would recommend taking a gander at it.

habberdasher

A-List Customer
Mr Vim said:
I think that shows talent.

And for anyone who voted for my friend of a friend, thanks, she's up to 667 votes! But there's a gal with nearly 800 votes so dig deep folks!
You're right she IS the only one who looks accurate. The other guys are so off with modern suits and ties (if any) and ungreased hair. Just plain wrong. She's got real accurate dress and hair.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Tony in Tarzana said:
It was unsettling to see Don lose his "mojo", I hope the way the episode ended meant he is getting it back.

I think he's adjusting, as others pointed out. And at the end, he realizes that he better "get with it" if he's going to make this agency work. After all, it's the only thing he has left.

Talbot

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
jon-hamm-elisabeth-moss-la-confidential.jpg

I have to say it took me a minute to work out who Elizabeth Moss was.

I should look at the credits more closely:eek:

Tiller

Practically Family
I don't see Don adapating much to be honest, and I don't see him changin style that much. Don may change how he dresses a bit, but I don't see it going over board. If anything this show is about how people ultimatly don't change deep down, and Don isn't going to either. If the show goes far enough into the future, I can see Drapper being an ideal for the 1980's yuppie generation, just before he dies.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
^^^

I guess they must shave him as well. Seriously, he appears in public with Sonny Crockett stubble with some regularity.

ChristineSprig

New in Town
Turns out, I love this show so much, I want to be on it...

Hi all... I love this show for so many reasons, but I have a soft spot for the clothes. When my grandmother passed away this past April, I was given a blue suit dress, hat and gloves that she wore to my parent's wedding in 1969. I put it on and took some pictures and then... I found out about a contest to be on the show!!!

If you can, please, vote for my photo here:
http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/9DTM9E

It only takes two seconds and I would LOVE to have a shot at winning a spot on the show next season!

Voting doesn't end until September 17th, so if you remember, you can vote once each day from as many computers/ phones/ etc as possible.

Thanks SOOO MUCH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran