Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Magnoli Clothiers- New Zealand

jack miranda

A-List Customer
My new Vintage Adventure jacket just arrived from Indy.

Antique brown goatskin. The fit is perfect, the feel, just right. The reaction among my co-workers on seeing it, especially the ladies, was gratifying. I'll post pics over the week-end. Pretty sweet jacket. :)

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
BinkieBaumont said:
I like the Website for browsing I just think its fearfully overpriced when you compare the new zealand dollar to the usa dollar and they want to be paid in US dollars[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Honestly, I think Magnoli's stuff is generally a good bargin.

His shirts cost roughly the same as the brand I like when they're not on sale - but they're custom made.

His suits are made to measure but cost only slightly more then of shoddy of the peg department store items.

His shoes cost the same as Allen Edmonds new, but are true bespoke.

filfoster

One Too Many
Magnoli

These items are not inexpensive, but I ask you, where else will you find real silk ties EXACTLY duplicating The Dark Knight Joker tie and the Rick Deckard Blade Runner tie? I looked for the latter for years before stumbling onto Magnoli. I have since bought a Joker vest and it's very well made. He communicates well, on this board's PM system and via email. How many times have we all bought something and been frustrated with no replies to our messages for follow-up? Magnoli answers! He delivers in the estimated times and honestly discloses that he 'farms' out the actual manufacturing of many of the items, which is certainly legit for someone offering items without large general appeal that have to be specially made. Shipping for most items is included in the price. I am glad I found his site and know I will buy other things as I can and as he offers them. His site is a treasure trove of movie and vintage clothing items. I hope he is wonderfullyl successful and continues to expand his line of goods. Fare well, Mr. Magnoli! PS: This is a rave review.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Magnoli shoes:
mc-loafer-main.jpg

Killer.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Snazzy loafers, Flat-Top!

Jack, if you think that jacket is great now, wait until it breaks in. The fit actually get better, if you can imagine! I have one in cowhide.

Anyhow, I have some pics of my stuff. I know the suit could fit better, but remember that I said I'm a tough body to make a suit for sight-unseen. :eek:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27810273@N04/2611220075/in/set-72157605705433477/

The rest are of Indy Gear because that's all I have good pictures of. Warning, I make a rather plump Indy!:p

Jacket by Magnoli
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27810273@N04/2962716129/in/set-72157608529312389/

Magnoli Adventure Shirt
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27810273@N04/2989064907/in/set-72157608529312389/

Mike in Seattle

Use a little white lie - tell them you need the measurements because you're doing a play out of town this summer and the costumer needs accurate measurements so they can work on the costumes ahead of time. You're appearing in Guys and Dolls or The Man Who Came to Dinner or Maltese Falcon - the Musical (Yes, there is indeed one!).

And of course - PAY the tailor for the time involved taking the measurements. If they don't have a set fee, I believe someone posted on another thread that $20-25 is fair.

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Here are pics of the Magnoli Vintage Adventure:

2060953470104585873S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2783515610104585873S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2389949950104585873S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2621829540104585873S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2099811070104585873S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2097841050104585873S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It is goatskin, antique brown in color, very supple, very light. Cotton drill lining, three inside pockets; four outside--two snap; two handwarmer. This is a bit trimmer fit than I'm used to wearing, but, I've been wearing it around a bit, and it feels great. I hope this is of some practical use to you.

Edward

Bartender
That's a nice take on the Indy jacket; I'm no expert myself, but it looks like the slightly longer-length Temple jacket?

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Hello, Edward: I wasn't consciously going for an Indy look;

I really just wanted a goatskin in a longer jacket than my A-2, and lighter in weight than my Aero horsehide Hercules. You are correct; it is longer. I modeled it on a Filson Weekend Cruiser's measurements. I'm pleased with the result. Thanks for the comments. :)

swanky_frankie

New in Town
Not-Bogart13 said:
I am what you would call a loyal customer of Magnoli's. He's one of those rare dying-breed vendors with unswerving personal customer service AND high quality goods.

:cool:

I've just placed my suit order. In estimate, how long did it take for you to receive your suit?

Benny Holiday

Vintage Adventure Jacket

Jack, that's a great-looking jacket! I've admired the item as listed on Magnoli's website, but to see it being worn and up close in your pics gives a better perspective on just how grand the Adventure Jacket looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot