Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maker and age of this Harley D-Pocket?

armscye

One of the Regulars
This US-made Harley D-pocket turned up in my recent travels. Looks to be cowhide, YKK zippers, distinctive ring snaps that have a nickel rim and a winged copper center, in a fairly classic D-pocket configuration.

Can anybody identify the maker (my first guess is Golden Bear or Schott) and the age? I know there are numerous subtleties of Harley labels, so I've included a close-up.

harleyjacketUSmade.jpg

harleydpocketlabel.jpg

Novos

One of the Regulars
That's not actually what we know as a D-Pocket. The small pocket near the bottom is known as a cigarette/coin pocket, I believe.

The jacket looks to be probably from the 80s-90s. Harley garments from the 70s were all made by AMF, up until the early 80s, and the tag would say AMF all over it. Kind of has an Excelled leather vibe, might be made by that company?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Novos is correct here, the label looks much later than 1970s. The label they would have used would probably been a device similar to the bar and shield but without the 'American Legend' and eagle. In the AMF days I would think this was also incorporated into merchandise logo's.
The 'D' pocket usually refers to the stitching around a zippered pocket where the left hand pocket is on this jacket, with a pocket on the left side for right hand use.
http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/134458-the-real-mccoys-buco-j-24l-leather-jacket-size-36/
The jacket still had the small pocket though this is incorporated inside the 'D' I always refer to it as a condom pocket myself(like to be a bit hopeful here haha)
AMF= American Machine Foundry, makers of ten pin bowling machinery and other leisure equipment.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
That is a more recent label, 90s or newer. If it says, Made In Indonesia, it is from the 90s to the early part of this century. Ironically, if it says, Made in America, it is a very recant jacket. Riders were complaining about all the foreign made jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael