Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mallory Nokabout

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Just finished creasing this recent arrival. I love the felt on this lid -- it is a thicker, medium weight, really dense and smooth. The Mallory Nokabouts I have seen posted here or in vintage ads feature a narrower ribbon. So, I don't know if this ribbon was original to the hat or not -- but the chocolate brown goes beautifully with this felt. The edge treatment is a narrow underwelt, which makes for a nice appearance on top.

Left-7.jpg

Left2.jpg

Inside-3.jpg

Tags.jpg

Sweat-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful hat. My Nokabout has a thinner ribbon like you mentioned. Yours is different and I like it.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Ya just gotta love an old Mallory! Before Stetson got involved, they were terrific hats. That Nokabout is a real beauty! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Many thanks, Gents!

carter said:
Ya just gotta love an old Mallory! Before Stetson got involved, they were terrific hats.

I'm with you, Carter. I only have two vintage Mallorys -- the nice ones in my size seem to be much fewer and farther between on the Bay -- but, man, they are nice lids.

HarpPlayerGene said:
And, like me, you needed another fedora. :D

lol lol lol I know, I know. I thought I had pretty much sworn off eBay, but this lid was just impossible to pass up!

As much as we extol the virtues of lightweight felt here on the Lounge, there is something really nice and comfortable about a soft, pliable thicker felt that I really, really like. :)

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran