Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marketing, or Modern Hair Accessories for Sale on Ebay

Vanessa

One Too Many
So. While trolling ebay (my daily ritual to check shoes, patterns & clothes). . .I ran across this, ahem, clever little auction for a "Modern Hair Accessory for 1940s forehead curl 1940's".

I submit to you for your review.

First, the description:
1940s WW2 Style MODERN Hair Accessory to make a Forehead Curl. A NEW MODERN (NOT vintage) 'WAND' to help you make the 1940s style hairstyle with one or two big curls near your forehead. If you make a curl either side of your head, using my 'wand' they will be exactly alike! Clear Full instructions come with the 'Wand',(including photos) as well as 4 modern hair grips (please state what colour your hair is). The 'wand' has been sanded and varnished to prolong its life. A GREAT STOCKING FILLER FOR THE 1940S RE - ENACTOR! Please look at my other vintage accessories e.g. Hair Snoods and vintage clothing. Worldwide Postage is ?Ǭ£2.50 Air Mail

And now, the picture:

7b_1_b.JPG

That's right, girls. They're selling a stick. . .no, no, excuse me. . a "wand." And there's five available, if you're interested.

decodoll

Practically Family
HHAHAHA!!! That's actually how I do my rolls though ...only I popped the squeeze ball part off of an unused turkey baster I had laying around and use the tube part. :D

Vanessa

One Too Many
Decodoll - I usually just use whatever's handy & round as well. . .which sometimes works out . . .and sometimes doesn't - as the unfortunate day I used a mini can of shaving gel with some, ah, frothy outcomes. :mad: That was a hairnet day.

Jessica

One of the Regulars
My mom and aunt used to use old orange juice cans to make large curls. They had pretty long hair.

Vanessa

One Too Many
My mom has lots of stories about her & her aunts running around with orange juice & tomato cans in their hair in the 60's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner