Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Masland Contract N-3A Flight Parka

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Masland Contract N-3A Flight Parka in XL was delivered by the postman today. It's a great quality heavyweight Parka that requires some cold weather to give it an outing. It's in excellent condition with no issues or work required on it. I love the dark blue nylon contrasted with the white / black hood ruff. Heavy duty Conmar zippers work perfectly & the wool knit cuffs have no moth nips. Fit is generous in chest and shoulders (I'm a 46"). I did have some concerns over it being roomy enough....thanks for the reassurance given....it is!!! Sleeves are just about right for my arm length. I love the pocket combination on this Parka, all are well positioned, deep and warm (with the obvious exception of the cigarette pocket). Well the sun is shinning and we have a very un-seasonal 70f thing going on. Next week is supposed to be much colder...hopefully!

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0689.jpg
    IMG_0689.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 296

bn1966

Thanks Guys, going to go out in it tonite and scare a few Trick or Treaters....with a pair of trusty 'Hairy Hands' on too :)

Stand By

One Too Many
Wow! Another amazing find. I don't know how you do it, BN! I'd love one like that - in a medium. Just can't find anything out there … you seem to have all the luck!

And after a mild spell, it'll be just 3C and wintry showers for hallowe'en tonight here. I was going to dress up in my usual outfit to greet the trick or treaters and dole out the candy, but I think Id rather just wear my Irvin !

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
A classic jacket in what appears to be almost mint condition! Hard to believe that old girl is sixty-three years old. Great find! There is nothing that says SAC and the Cold War like those old blue N-jackets.

AF

bn1966

I got the jacket off of the Bay for $311.00 (what are credit cards for)...there were a few bidders, came in last 5 secs with a sniper action (don't you just hate them). Aside from the faded Air-force decal it's pretty much mint. I blame the purchase on 'Strategic Air Command' & 'The Hunters'. You were right about the sizing Atticus and she doesn't look 63 years old.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
bn1966 said:
I got the jacket off of the Bay for $311.00 (what are credit cards for)...there were a few bidders, came in last 5 secs with a sniper action (don't you just hate them).
So this time you had to actually pay for a vintage jacket instead of getting it almost for free??? ha ha, well done, a piece of history has gone to someone who will treasure it and keep it well. A win against the snipers and hipsters.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
If it is anything like my N3B, it will be to hot to wear until the temp goes below 0 Fahrenheit! Even then, if I shovel snow with the hood up, I start to sweat. But, standing still, with the wind chill well below 0, you can laugh at the weather! Just be sure to wear appropriate gloves, your fingers will still be exposed, belive me, I know!

bn1966

Well this week started out L2B and has almost ended up as N-3A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran