Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MASONIC rings...

Adcurium

A-List Customer
I don't own a masonic ring, but I've been thinking about getting one for years. So gentlemen, how about some photos of your rings and some suggested websites where you've had good buying experiences...

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Here's the one I wear. It was my grandfather's. I'm guessing he got it sometime in the late 'thirties. My mother gave it to me the day after I was raised and I have worn it every day since.

Picture060-1.jpg

AF

Canadian

One of the Regulars
I don't wear one at all. I think my 4 Masonic ties which I frequently wear to work communicate my membership.

I have members of my lodge who have been wearing the same ring for 30 years. They all have diabetes and cannot get it off. My friend, Dan says that they'll have to cut it off when he dies.

I would like a Masonic ring someday, but I can't justify the expense right now.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Brother Atticus, that is a beautiful ring! One of my Masonic rings belonged to my grandfather's brother, he died in 1901, my grandfather wore it until he died in 1954, my father wore it until he died in 1979, I've had it ever since. I know I should have a pic up with this post, can't right now, but I will get one up. Good looking ring! I know you wear it proudly!

Master Mason

New in Town
This is the ring I wore till I became a past master it now belongs to my youngest son i also recommend this brother to buy rings from

http://foxjewelry.net/Gold_Masonic_....html?osCsid=7d98b633e8bc382292f222e620470d1a

And this is my past masters ring. http://foxjewelry.net/Past_Master_R....html?osCsid=7d98b633e8bc382292f222e620470d1a

I also have this KT ring. But plan to buy a custom past grand commanders ring should the SK's continue to pass me through the line

http://foxjewelry.net/Knight_Templa....html?osCsid=7d98b633e8bc382292f222e620470d1a

TomS

One Too Many
You know, I've owned a couple of them, but I've seen some nice ones on the bay...

BB55guns

New in Town
Brethren, and others: I have just joined, so I have not figured out posting photos yet. In any event, I bought my ring off of ePay a dozen years or so ago. I wanted a pre-war ring, so that I could wear it on board ship when doing WWII Living History (my ID is a dead giveaway as to which ship). It is a smaller ring, red, rectangular stone with S&C G, and trowels on the sides of the shank. It is the sort of ring that is rarely noticed, but by a Brother. Curiously enough, I was helping to interview a Brother who had survived a friendly fire incident when he noticed it. He remarked that it was very much like the ring he wore then. The shank was thin when I bought it, and I have had it rebuilt (luckily before gold went into orbit), but it serves nicely.

I have a couple of other period pieces that have come my way as well, and they stay in my stateroom on the ship. The first two were given to me in a sack of stuff by the WB who had a key role in my 3d. This sack came out of his father's (also a PM) house after he passed. The first was a prewar fez from my Temple, which I did wear on board when I met a child that I had some small part in helping get to one of the hospitals. The other was a lambskin. I have no idea how the brother came to possess it, but the name on it is my initials and last name. Further, it was presented in 1927 by a Lodge where I am an Honorary member. I wore it to the 3d of a good friend, who also does Living History on the ship. Yes, I was dressed in civilian period as well. Finally, in NC, we have two manuals. The first is the "OSW", or Official Standard of the Work, which is the 'codebook'. the GL of NC first published an OSW in the 30's, as I understand it. The GL found several cases of the originals and sold them to those who would want one. Naturally, I have one, in my stateroom. The second book was written by MWGM Chas. Bahnson. It is the uncoded book with prayers, funeral service and other miscellany. Yet another Brother walked up to me a few years ago, telling me that he had something that was mine. He then handed me a turn of the century (1900) Bahnson manual, marked with the name of the father of the Brother who's lambskin I have. It is amazing how it all just came together. I am sorry if this got a bit off topic, but as this site focuses on this period, I thought that is might be of some slight interest.

Last edited:

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I wanted a pre-war ring, so that I could wear it on board ship when doing WWII Living History (my ID is a dead giveaway as to which ship).

Just as a side note...I remember when North Carolina bought the BB55 from the DOD. Kids from throughout the state (including me) donated our little soda pop bottle or birthday money to fund the purchase.

AF

TSP13

Familiar Face
Brethren, and others: I have just joined, so I have not figured out posting photos yet. In any event, I bought my ring off of ePay a dozen years or so ago. I wanted a pre-war ring, so that I could wear it on board ship when doing WWII Living History (my ID is a dead giveaway as to which ship). It is a smaller ring, red, rectangular stone with S&C G, and trowels on the sides of the shank. It is the sort of ring that is rarely noticed, but by a Brother. Curiously enough, I was helping to interview a Brother who had survived a friendly fire incident when he noticed it. He remarked that it was very much like the ring he wore then. The shank was thin when I bought it, and I have had it rebuilt (luckily before gold went into orbit), but it serves nicely.

I have a couple of other period pieces that have come my way as well, and they stay in my stateroom on the ship. The first two were given to me in a sack of stuff by the WB who had a key role in my 3d. This sack came out of his father's (also a PM) house after he passed. The first was a prewar fez from my Temple, which I did wear on board when I met a child that I had some small part in helping get to one of the hospitals. The other was a lambskin. I have no idea how the brother came to possess it, but the name on it is my initials and last name. Further, it was presented in 1927 by a Lodge where I am an Honorary member. I wore it to the 3d of a good friend, who also does Living History on the ship. Yes, I was dressed in civilian period as well. Finally, in NC, we have two manuals. The first is the "OSW", or Official Standard of the Work, which is the 'codebook'. the GL of NC first published an OSW in the 30's, as I understand it. The GL found several cases of the originals and sold them to those who would want one. Naturally, I have one, in my stateroom. The second book was written by MWGM Chas. Bahnson. It is the uncoded book with prayers, funeral service and other miscellany. Yet another Brother walked up to me a few years ago, telling me that he had something that was mine. He then handed me a turn of the century (1900) Bahnson manual, marked with the name of the father of the Brother who's lambskin I have. It is amazing how it all just came together. I am sorry if this got a bit off topic, but as this site focuses on this period, I thought that is might be of some slight interest.
Off topic, but I have visited the USS North Carolina twice within the past three years, it's a great experience.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
I have a couple of my father's masonic rings. He was a Mason, as was his father. My mother was Eastern Star. I personally have never had an interest in fraternal orders or any kind. It always seemed to me like paying for friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo