Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Measuring the Brim and the Crown?

Mystic

Practically Family
That would be great if anyone would use it.
You can tell from the questions... multi photo repost... and the numerous same thread topics that very few use the stickys.
It is almost a waste of time for us bartenders to take the time and do all the work.

Yeah....you are probably right......

I've been guilty myself on occasion :behindsofa:

maybe it would help a little if the Sticky title "Links to important hat forum threads" was changed to "FAQ about Hats"

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
Sounds like you might like the Bailey 'Guthrie'. While not techincally a Panama hat, it's a very light, bleached straw hat fitting the dimentions you described. It has a 2" snap Brim, a crown that's 4" in the front, and 4 1/2" on the sides and is super soft. I own one and love it. Helps me beat the Florida heat.

Also I went to Cape May NJ about a month ago and almost lost MY hat, my Dobbs Spirit, to the wind at Sunset Beach while looking for Cape May diamond 'Angel Tears'!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That would be great if anyone would use it.
You can tell from the questions... multi photo repost... and the numerous same thread topics that very few use the stickys.
It is almost a waste of time for us bartenders to take the time and do all the work.

Hi Rusty, so what are these sticky's you speak of? Feel free to put in a new thread if you want. I looked in the FAQ and it seems to be a bartender function. How would a sticky help with posting the same pictures over and over and over and ...

Just tryin' to get along. I usually delete the pix unless my comment would be wasted without it.

Red McCutcheon

New in Town
Sounds like you might like the Bailey 'Guthrie'. While not techincally a Panama hat, it's a very light, bleached straw hat fitting the dimentions you described. It has a 2" snap Brim, a crown that's 4" in the front, and 4 1/2" on the sides and is super soft. I own one and love it. Helps me beat the Florida heat.

Also I went to Cape May NJ about a month ago and almost lost MY hat, my Dobbs Spirit, to the wind at Sunset Beach while looking for Cape May diamond 'Angel Tears'!

Thanks, Doomstein. I've already scoped the Guthrie and will keep it in mind when I'm ready to buy.

And it wasn't the Cape May wind that got me, but a rogue wave. Like a bloody fool, I was well out in the surf while wearing my hat when, wham!, a big wave slammed me when I wasn't ready. Bye bye Dobbs. Bye bye glasses. Found the hat. Never found the spectacles. And now I wear contacts. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou