Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men or Women Alike, We Collect Shoes

Men/Women: How Many Shoes Do you Own?

• 1-5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5-10

• 10-20

• Too many to fit in my closet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kools

Practically Family
When I was much younger, I had a conversation with an "older" musician with worldwide recognition but not the accompanying financial rewards. It was the first time I met him, and my awe led me to asking question after question about music & such. The only thing I remember from the conversation was him saying, "Man, if I ever hit it big the first thing I would do is buy a lot of shoes. You can never underestimate the importance of quality footwear." This has stuck with me and perhaps inspired me.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Pair of chucks
pair of PF flyer ringsides
pair of cheap new wingtips
pair of cowboy boots
pair of hiking boots
pair of slightly dressy beat up shoes
pair of low top hiking boots

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I really love white bucks and have six pair. But I've two pair I bought over five years ago that are still in the box and never worn. I don't want to get them dirty (duh...then why buy them?). Must be the obsessive-compulsive behavior in me...[huh]

Rosie

One Too Many
I don't know how many pairs of shoes I own. I would say over 40 but, I'm not sure. I know for a fact three years ago I had over 74 pairs but, I've thrown some away, bought some, so, who knows.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Orgetorix said:
Another hundred pairs? Shooman, how many do you have right now?

l only have about 70 now. l gave away alot of Florshiems [recently] because l have no desire to wear them anymore. l have about 45 pair in my spare room, some in storage, and a heap of boots down at my holiday house. l've got about 20 pair on the floor of my spare room [right now] that are in need of polishing (l polish my shoos every second wear)....they may sit there for a few months before l need to polish them (good rotation). l often step on my shoos :mad: because they are always everywhere.

The Shooman

Practically Family
BIG SHOO COLLECTIONS

Australian Rose Hancock has over 3,000 pair. She also has over 3,500 high end couture frocks and hundreds of coats worth $10,000. She even brings her dogs to restuarants and orders them a $30 rump steak. She is getting her $40 million mansion pulled down because it is too big.
Rosehancock.jpg

An AMWAY diamond (15 years ago) had 350+ pairs of shoos. All his shoos were at least $500 U.S :eek:

The Sultan of Brunie orders 1,000 pairs of Artioli ($2,500 a pair) a year. He wears a shoo for 3 - 4 hours and then orders his servants to burn them. :rage:

A bloke in U.S.A has over 1,000 pairs of sneakers. l think he even has them sealed in airtight bags.

The legendary Ken Pollock (AAAC, FNB) has over 200 pairs of shoos (Alden, AE, Edward Green, John Lobb, etc).

Other shoe and clothing GODS

Then there is a U.S woman Kathy Trant. Her husband died in 9/11. She was depressed so she spent $645,000 on shoes in alittle over a year. They were all expensive designer labels. She also bought lots of $5000 handbags and lots of couture gowns and frocks.

Then there is the legendary FNB (FNB) with his 200 bespoke Paris shirts and his many bespoke suits.

Then there is Cuffthis (AAAC, L.L) with his 2,000 + cufflinks.

Then there is Babychickpea (ACCC) with his insane number of suit and tie collections. He must own more ties than any man alive.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Will said:
I think a man can be satisfied with roughly forty pair of dress shoes and boots. :whistling

l strongly dissagree. There are soooo many incredible shoos out there, 40 is far from enough.

lindylady

A-List Customer
I have about 20 or 30 pairs, always on the lookout to build my collection. Curiously, out of those 20-30 pairs, I only wear about 5 on a routine basis [huh]

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Ummm, I just counted and I have 71 pairs of shoes. :eek:

And that's not counting the few pairs that are not put away, but strewn about the house instead.

And I just took a bag of shoes to Goodwill a few weeks ago.

The Shooman

Practically Family
BeBopBaby said:
Ummm, I just counted and I have 71 pairs of shoes. :eek:

And that's not counting the few pairs that are not put away, but strewn about the house instead.

And I just took a bag of shoes to Goodwill a few weeks ago.

You win! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters