Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Met the Ultimate Car Guy Today!!

cooncatbob

Practically Family
I've seen a lot of the episodes of "Jay Leno's Garage" on speed TV and he often refers to himself as being a charter member of the more money then brains club.
He's got some pretty outrageous toys. But I bet if he wasn't rich he'd still have an old rod or classic in the old 2 car garage.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Story said:
:eek:

What kind of shape? Can you hear the whimpering clear across the country?
Good to read what I always suspected about Mr. Leno. Anyone who builds a hotrod on a tank engine has got to have good karma. ;)
http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/jay_leno_garage/1302941.html

it was actually in pretty good shape. Yes. And I did a lot of whimpering, myself. Actually, Jay didn't build it. He bought it from the "Blastolene Brothers," who have built at least one other. They're in Washington state. Consider this: over 900 hp and more than 1000 lb/ft of torque. And the 35 gallons of gas will get him about 80 miles. Just had Banks add fuel injection, too.

I've seen this car in person four times, and each and every time I've been impressed beyond words. At the very least, it's HUGE!

Lee

"I like reminiscing with people I don't know. . . Granted, it takes longer." - Steven Wright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic