Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Miami Vice

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It was a fun romp in the familiar setting and storyline with different characters which were quite plausible over all. It's worth a view especially if you watched some of the original TV series. 2 1/2 stars I guess...[huh]

vintage68

Practically Family
I really enjoyed it. Very gunny: Meaning if you're into guns it's worth the price of admission just to see what a .50 cal sniper rifle can do. Michael Mann went to Gunsite and made sure he had all the technical details correct.

And oh yeah, I liked the cinematography too!

Feraud

Bartender
vintage68 said:
I really enjoyed it. Very gunny: Meaning if you're into guns it's worth the price of admission just to see what a .50 cal sniper rifle can do. Michael Mann went to Gunsite and made sure he had all the technical details correct.

And oh yeah, I liked the cinematography too!
That opening scene bump off was awesome. M. Mann generally puts effort into authenticity.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oh, were talking about the Movie, not hte TV show. Gotcha ;)

I thought it was lame. There were some cool action scenes (where they rescue the woman from the skinheads trailer is great scene), but come on, really. It was silly. And the camera would never be still. No where near as campy as the TV show, and that is a good thing, but the guys were all...

"We are gonna stand around looking all hard and boss while our superiors tell eachother how good we are and how we need atonality from the law as the camera continues to move."

Foxx and Farrell did have some good exchanges, especially when visiting the drug dealer and unpinning the grenade...bit those exchanges were way too rare.

And as hot as the guys were, I could of done with out their 5 min long sex scenes :mad: (not with each other).

LD

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
I watched it again last week as my wife bought the DVD.

I loved it - it was pure M Mann 3 hour indulgence. I love the cinematography. He started that look with Heat and perfected it with Collateral.

Colin Farrell was so funny in that role because he's Irish and grew up 10 miles from here! So funny to watch him in this role. lol lol lol

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Anyone see it.
Thoughts?

I made the mistake of buying a copy on sale. Having seen the original muy disappointing...

I must say I did enjoy 'Bandolero' tonight c1966 film that did not get big wraps at the time but had Raquel in full ravishing beauty and Deano and Jimmy S and George Kennedy. How many films has George Kennedy fitted into one life?

Miss.Beast

New in Town
Excuse me, but if you are discussing the Miami Vice that starred Colin Farrel.

It was complete rubbish.
Worst acting in my entire life.
Story - hard to follow and boring...mainly because it was ridiculous in the first place!

Naimah

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I caught this over the weekend and rather enoyed it. It was very stylish and compelling. It had many of the elements of the original series, including that overwhelming sense of pathos. It was much darker though, with much of the action taking place at night and none of those pastel colors of the original. It seemed to harken back more to "Scarface '81" than to "Miami Vice."

Jamie Fox was fantastic as Tubbs, though Colin Farrel was simply awful. He had no control of his accent whatsoever. He nearly ruined the film. It would have been easy to find a more suitable actor.

The other thing lacking for me was the deep friendship that Tubbs and Crocket had in the original, or their backstories.

Still, I caught it on cable with no expectations and I was pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183