Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michaelson, Chapters 4 & 5...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Hello all,

So, in Raiders and now in KOTCS Indy asks his students to read Michaelson. This has peaked my interest to be sure. Is it a real book on Archaeology or is it something fictional for the movie. If it is a real book, do any of the experts out there know the title please? I would love to find a copy from the 30's just to see what chapters 4 & 5 are all about. Thanks for any help & input.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Tim! P put one there too in the Archaeology section. I figured if I ask a larger group the odds of someone who will likely to be able to answer will increase.
Thanks again though for the heads-up. :)

Cheers!

Dan

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I noticed that Indy was still using Michaelson in 1957. It made me laugh when he said it and then I realised what a nerd I am.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Naphtali

Practically Family
DanielJones said:
Tried all of those sites and came up empty handed. Oh well, the quest continues! :)

Cheers!

Dan
Dan:

I'm not happy you couldn't find the book, assuming it exists. I'm in a similar situation -- the book exists in my case. I've been searching for It May Happen Yet, by Edmund Lawrence (circa 1898), for years without success.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
It would be cool were it real.
I think it may be like finding Marshall College though: a made-up name for a fictional world.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Indyfan

New in Town
Someone asked Lawrence Kasdan recently where he got the name from and it was the author of one of his text books in college. For the full story go to Club Obiwan and it goes into more detail. ;)

Stormchaser

New in Town
There are multiple spellings of that name. Michaelson, Michaelsen, Michelsen, michelson. I'm still researching all the different spellings. These date back into the 1800's covering mutiple fields of study.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner