Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Midnight Blue Highwayman yes? no?

Blue?

• Yes

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Absolutely, why not. I would pick a wool or tweed lining with orange nuances, this should match the black/blue and give a nice contrast as well. The Tweed lining "Scottish copper" as displayed on their website is gorgeous.

It's a good style to go outside the lines a bit...
Dark blue should work nicely - the hard part will be picking the lining...Look at the Thurston thread for some recent kick-*ss liners!

Jägernaut

Practically Family
If I were in the market for a black jacket, I would go with the midnight. I would probably go with the charcoal with blue striping that Carrie recently posted a pic of.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It'll be really interesting to watch how it breaks in. You'll be laying it out on your desk every night. As for tartans, just click on the Lochcarron site and spend an evening getting lost in the patterns.

If I were in the market for a black jacket, I would go with the midnight. I would probably go with the charcoal with blue striping that Carrie recently posted a pic of.

That's the one I was thinking of... but there's a ton of great options. Too much blue here???

Aero Premier Half Belt Black Italian Vicenza Patriot Modern tartan wool lining smaller.jpg

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I voted no, not because I don't think the jacket will look good but I think your too slim for the highwayman cut. If you said premier HWM, I would have voted yes.

What ProteinNerd said. Nick! Blue CR with HWM collar, YELLOW LINING! Trust me on this. You'll be thanking me later.

I'm having a blue CR locally made as we speak!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I like the original HWM more than the Premier. I have a good figure on what size works for that model.

Love the collar of the Premier, but the narrow shoulders/sizing worries me.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Now how about hardware? I'm thinking nickel.

As for the lining, I think I'm still set on cotton drill. I'm thinking along the lines of Edward-red.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff