Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Miracle on 34th Street Movie Nights East Greenville, PA! 1924 Movie Theater!

cowboy76

Suspended
Another Golden Era event, just the thing for period 30s-40s attire!!

Built in 1924, in Neo-Classic style, The Grand Theater of East Greenville, PA proudly presents....

A Christmas Tradition showing of the 1947 black & white classic, "Miracle on 34th Street" which runs Friday, December 14th through Thursday,
December 20th.

Miracle-on-34th-Street-Poster-C10128591.jpeg

As a THANK YOU to their loyal customers throughout the year, admission to the Wednesday, December 19th show is FREE!

All shows will feature Christmas music performed by the Grand’s organist, Mr. Carl Black, prior to the start of the film.

The people of the Grand Theater been painstakingly restoring and installing a 1923 Marr & Colton Theater Organ into the Grand to relive the magic of SILENT MOVIES and pre-show entertainment - yes, way before the ads that megaplexes make you watch, and prior to the simple music you listen to at the Grand! (***You just might hear a few chords during our Christmas Tradition show this year of "Miracle on 34th Street".***) This is not a pipe organ concert, just a sample that we HAVE been working on this for almost 2 years!!!

SHOWTIMES ARE AS FOLLOWS (please call for other days times)
• FRIDAY 12-14 7pm & 9pm
• SATURDAY 12-15 2,4,7,& 9pm
• WEDNESDAY (Free Showing) 12-19 7pm ONLY!

Please check their website at www.TheGrandTheater.org or call at 215-679-4300 for showtime updates.

(Historical Tidbit!) On October 4, 1924, Harvey H. Blank and Warren E. Fenstermacher opened the Grand Theatre in East Greenville, PA. 1924 never looked so good!
eggran.jpg

(Interior)
TheaterMainFloorWeb.jpg

Theater ad from the 1929
Town_and_Country_19290531_Grand_talkies_soon.jpg

PATRONIZE HISTORIC PLACES IN YOUR AREA, OR THEY WILL SOON BE GONE!!

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
We plan on heading out tomorrow night for the first night's showing if anyone would like to head out with us! I'm sure we'll also go Wednesday night, the free night as I know my fellow just can't get enough old time movies at old time theaters!!!;)

One thing to keep in mind anyone on the FL in the Eastern PA area. We've been talking with some people at some of these old restored theaters and they seem very receptive to the vintage Golden Era lifestyle we're into. I think this may lead to some very enjoyable and unique movie nights with the possibility of the theater owners working with us,.....stay tuned!

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
(cowboy76 wanted me to add this),..

The Newtown Theater in Newtown, PA is proudly presenting,...

DECEMBER 15th 2007, TWO VERY SPECIAL VINTAGE CHRISMAS MOVIES!

"A CHRISTMAS CAROL", (1951 with Alistair Sim)
Dec. 15th @ 1pm

"WHITE CHRISTMAS" (1954 with Bing Crosby and Danny Kay!)
Dec. 15th @ 3pm

"ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE"
Dec. 22nd @ 1pm and 3:30pm

Get there early as this is bound to be a very poplular night in Newtown!

Admission to the Chistmas matinees is $1 dollar. (as per Newtown Theater website)
For more info visit the Newtown Theater's website at http://newtowntheater.com/
For map/directions:
http://newtowntheater.com/map_of_directions_to_newtown_the.htm

(***HISTORICAL TIDBIT***) The Newtown Theatre has an extensive history dating back to 1831. It is, in fact, the oldest movie theater in the United States with it's first movie being shown in 1906. Originally built to be a hall for town gatherings and a "non sectarian" church for traveling ministers, it soon became a center of entertainment in Newtown.
lobby.jpg

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
Sounds wonderful! I will try to get the hubby out to the Grand. Lord knows, East Greenville is certainly not far! We will have to see what his schedule is like (very busy this time of year) and if we can get a sitter.

cowboy76

Suspended
We headed out this evening to the 7pm show, very nice, they have a few modern things there that kind of kill the atmosphere,...inflatable polar bear and snow globe,...oh well, could be worse!!:eek:

Sadly, there weren't a lot of people there tonight, however, I'm thinking with the free showing wednesday, there's bound to be a nice little crowd, everyone likes free stuff! I think we'll head out for that,...its always a good movie, and you dont get to see it on the big screen everyday either!

cowboy76

Suspended
A few shots of the Grand last night....

...if anyone's wondering what it looks like and would like better picks if thinking of going! (I thought the lights on the ceiling and the inflatable polar bear were a little ditracting of the theater's antique beauty, but hey it could be worse!!)
103_1835.jpg

103_1836.jpg

Fellow playing organ with organ pipes in background,....original organ is from 1923.
103_1837.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy