Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Missing Members

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
No this is not a caught-in-machinery thread, it's a thread wondering aloud what happned to some members who were briefly active, then faded. I know it happens, but with the bumping of the Fedora Discrimination thread I wonder what became of Mr Misanthropy and his Qixotic stance against the misnamed gin mill.

And for that matter what happned to that guy who signed off every post, "Fabulously", and who had a problem confusing Filthy McNasty with something less savoury and certainly not scritable upon this board. He was a larff. :p Kooky.

Anybody know?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jake_fink said:
No this is not a caught-in-machinery thread, it's a thread wondering aloud what happned to some members who were briefly active, then faded. I know it happens, but with the bumping of the Fedora Discrimination thread I wonder what became of Mr Misanthropy and his Qixotic stance against the misnamed dive.

And for that matter what happned to that guy who signed off every post, "Fabulously", and who had a problem confusing Filthy McNasty with something less savoury and certainly not scritable upon this board. He was a larff. :p Kooky.

Anybody know?

Well, that Fabulously yours! Robert! guy got suspended, which personally I think was a great move. Don't know about Mr. M.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
People Come and Go

Interest wanes, people get offended, collecting interests shift, they move (literally) or just move on. Just like real life. Many are sorely missed.

But the Fabulously! guy was suspended.

airfrogusmc

Suspended
lol lol I mean if someone is suspended does that mean there's a time frame in which after doing some community service, going thru rehab etc. they would be allowed to return? Or are you banned for life?

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Depends on situation. Some are for a short time, some we are not in a hurry to return, and some are written in stone.

As for missing members, I wonder sometimes too. On occasion I will e-mail someone. If they respond, they say they are just busy with this or that.

Some are even friends I used to break bread with. Those of you who were here in the beginning will remember Rundquist, Chammaro, Sergei and Pretty Big Guy. They used to be here all the time.

This joint is for people's enjoyment. If they no longer get joy here or find something that meets their needs better or simply get too busy...they pull up stakes.

For every one that goes out the door, twenty more come in.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
MK said:
Depends on situation. Some are for a short time, some we are not in a hurry to return, and some are written in stone.

As for missing members, I wonder sometimes too. On occasion I will e-mail someone. If they respond, they say they are just busy with this or that.

Some are even friends I used to break bread with. Those of you who were here in the beginning will remember Rundquist, Chammaro, Sergei and Pretty Big Guy. They used to be here all the time.

This joint is for people's enjoyment. If they no longer get joy here or find something that meets their needs better or simply get too busy...they pull up stakes.

I guess that's the nature of the beast.

I wonder, though, if anyone kept in touch with Mr Misanthropy and can tell us what became of his letter writing campaign. I'm still curious.

Miss_Bella_Hell

MK said:

Personally speaking, I find this place very informative and everyone is lovely. However, it tends to fuel my tendency to buy-buy-buy on ebay, which I cannot afford. Might be another reason why people disappear. [huh]

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Personally speaking, I find this place very informative and everyone is lovely. However, it tends to fuel my tendency to buy-buy-buy on ebay, which I cannot afford. Might be another reason why people disappear. [huh]

SEE!!! I think that's why ebay prices balloon occassionally and all of a sudden. Whenever someone enthusiatically embraces all things FL they blow a cog and, as you say, BUY BUY BUY.

Ebay should be paying this place a finder's fee.

Miss_Bella_Hell

jake_fink said:
SEE!!! I think that's why ebay prices balloon occassionally and all of a sudden. Whenever someone enthusiatically embraces all things FL they blow a cog and, as you say, BUY BUY BUY.

Ebay should be paying this place a finder's fee.

Oh man, you're not kidding. I have stopped purchasing anything over $20 from ebay, and I can still find dresses, blouses, etc. without too much trouble. Just takes more searching.

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Thanks guys and gals. I mean other things happen in life jobs, family, vacations, computer crashes and just life in general that can take folks away. Some leave and some new people join but there are allot of people that post here and have on a very regular basis.

Miss_Bella_Hell

J. M. Stovall said:
It's funny, because I was wondering the exact same thing about Mr Misanthropy. It seems like some people get a little too hot on the lounge and then burn out "real quick like". As for me, I'm in it for the long haul.

What happened? Did I miss something? I hope it wasn't the SUV conversation! lol

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
jake_fink said:
No this is not a caught-in-machinery thread, it's a thread wondering aloud what happned to some members who were briefly active, then faded...

Like someone said, other stuff can come up.

I've got time this summer to enjoy this board a lot, but come fall, my schedule will get much busier and may not have time - doesn't mean I won't drop in now & then, or lost interest.

Suspect the same of many other folks who may stop posting for a spell.

Mike in Seattle

J. M. Stovall said:
It's funny, because I was wondering the exact same thing about Mr Misanthropy. It seems like some people get a little too hot on the lounge and then burn out "real quick like". As for me, I'm in it for the long haul.

Mr. Misanthropy was in the process of getting a new apartment with a friend, and there were some cable & net problems. I'm assuming that's still on-going.
I'm sure he'll turn up again sometime soon.

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
!!

*Runs in panting*

I'm here!! I promise!! I'm still around! As Mike mentioned, I've been in the process of moving into a new apartment, I've been here about a month now, and my internet is all hooked up and set to go, so, no more "excuses", I'll be around! I've also gotten a new job, and am having to get adjusted to some financial changes, which don't leave much room for eBay expenditures. It's also too darn hot to wear any of my hats, I really need a Panama.

Anyway, I came across this thread just today and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy to know I am missed!! Don't worry everyone, I've just been "lurking"! It'll take quite a bit to get rid of me.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
With Ears A Burnin'!

Mr_Misanthropy said:
*Runs in panting*

I'm here!! I promise!! I'm still around! Don't worry everyone, I've just been "lurking"! It'll take quite a bit to get rid of me.

lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot